Twenty Eight - Sanctity of the Ocean

"Fancy a bit of midnight cliff diving?" she asked. He just smiled mischievously in return. "You best 'go wolf' as we'll get there quicker. Chuck your clothes to me once you're done and I'll put them in my bag."

Once at the cliff, Jacob went behind a tree to get dressed. Renesmee quickly changed into shorts and a vest top with her bikini underneath.

"Ness, chuck me my shorts would you?" Jacob shouted.

"Whoops, oh yea, here you go," Renesmee replied, grabbing them from her bag. In her mischievous mood, she chucked the shorts a little way to the right of where he stood naked behind a tree.

"Oh thanks, very useful!" he replied sarcastically at her throw.

He snuck out from behind the tree with his back to her, his hands trying to protect his modesty in front. Renesmee giggled, he shot a look back at her.

"You did this on purpose! You wait until I get my hands on you!" he said, bending down to pick up his shorts.

"Wow, I didn't realise there would be a full moon tonight," she teased.

"Very original," he replied, again his voice dripping with sarcasm, "Right!" he said threateningly, as he hastily shoved his shorts on, "You'll pay for that!"

He ran at her, she had no time to react.

He scooped her up in his arms and ran with her towards the edge of the cliff. She laughed in surprise, he grinned back.

"It was totally worth it," she said, wrapping her arms around his bare shoulders and bringing her head up in line with his. He looked at her expectantly before she continued, "You've got a cute tushy!"

He looked slightly taken aback, then relaxed and smiled so sweetly back at her, it made her feel funny all over.

They were nearly at the cliff edge, both of them looked towards it as Jacob hurtled them off into nothingness.

His hold on her gave and they both fell, giggling and screaming towards the dark.

Renesmee plunged into the water at the same time as Jacob, shooting far down beneath the surface. Air bubbles caressed her body, as they shot back up to the surface, filling her view. She could just about see Jacob beyond the veil.

The cold ocean water pressed pleasantly against her warm skin.

Silence filled her ears. 

There was something magical about the ocean. A feeling of a new world with no breath. They were both able to hold their breath longer than your average human. Renesmee slightly longer than Jacob, but they would eventually need to come up for air.  

A peaceful calm washed over her, she felt content and safe. 

All thoughts were starting to empty from her head.

She felt entirely free.

Her body relaxed.

The peace continued to surround her, as the bubbles started to clear in front of her.

She gracefully moved herself closer to Jacob.

The bubbles completely cleared and he was in front of her, just the two of them in this deep ocean, their private space away from the world above. 

Speech was redundant here. Everything was much simpler in her head, her thoughts very straight. 

As she looked at him she felt a warmth through her body, quite at odds with the temperature of the water. Her thoughts clear, she wanted to be next to him, wanted to touch him.