Eleven - Blood and Bogs

The next morning she woke up, but kept her eyes shut. She was starving hungry and realised she'd forgotten to eat last night. Her tummy made a loud rumble.

A strong intoxicating smell started filling her senses. She assumed it was because of her hunger that she must be imagining the alluring smell of human blood.

What she'd do to drink it.

She opened her eyes to get rid of these thoughts, but to her horror there actually was a mug of human blood on her bedside cabinet. She knew this wasn't some lovely gesture from a member of her family, as the last time she'd tasted human blood was when she was less than six months old. The whole family kept away from it to ensure they didn't get a craving for humans.

So Renesmee knew she wasn't allowed it, it smelled so good though. She knew what would happen if she drank it, she wouldn't be allowed to school for weeks until the cravings stopped. This meant she wouldn't be able to go on her date.

Of course her date!

Her Mum had obviously planted this to test Renesmee. Was the test not to drink it or to drink it and not kill anyone at school? She assumed it was the former and therefore got up, walked past it and out her door. Inevitably her Mum and Dad were on the other side.

"Well done! You didn't drink it!" Bella said.

"Oh come on, that's not much of a test, did you sneak a sip while you were preparing it?" Renesmee asked her Mum.

"No, but I've got the same control as you," her Mum replied.

"Yea, you do have amazing control. Now imagine Dad was human and you kissed him, can you tell me how you would react exactly? Or Dad, you know firsthand as you kissed Mum when she was human. What were your instincts?" Renesmee asked.

"It's different for us," her Dad said. "You're half human and that counts for a lot. Of course it wasn't easy for me, I couldn't let my guard down for a second around Bella. But you'll be different."

"I wish someone would see my point, it's amazing that you are all fortune tellers and know what will happen exactly. Has Alice finally been able to see my future?" Renesmee snapped.

"I'll get breakfast at school," she said going back into her room and grabbing the mug of blood and thrusting it into her Mum's hands. "Here you go, you can have this back," she said before slamming her door.

She quickly got washed and dressed then stormed out of the house. She got to school so ridiculously early that the cafeteria wasn't even open yet. So she sat in her car listening to music and trying to calm down.

Why did no one understand? Why did they just have blind faith in her? It's too much to risk, why don't they get that?

There's no way she was going to hurt Ethan. So, if she couldn't prove that in the heat of the moment she wasn't going to suck his blood dry, then there was no way she could go on Saturday.

She felt really down about the thought and tears filled her eyes.

When the cafeteria opened Renesmee rushed in and nearly ate the place out of food, so hungry was she from her missed meal.

The place started filling with students and her friends arrived. They all seemed a little perplexed as to why she was so down after all the excitement of being asked out yesterday. She claimed she was tired and they seemed to buy it.

The week seemed to be going by far too quickly. At home Jasper had started avoiding being around her for any length of time. Renesmee obviously knew why, he'd been concerned enough when she was conflicted between excitement and worry, now she'd added two more emotions into the mix, anger and depression. No wonder he couldn't stand to be around her, he kept looking at her like she was a ticking time bomb. She didn't know if he had tried to control her mood, but if he had she didn't feel it.