Nine - Sober proposal

The next day Renesmee got up earlier than normal, to give herself a bit of extra attention, so she'd look good for Ethan if he did turn up. Her parents wished her luck as she set off in the car to school.

She drove a Mini Cooper S and drove it just as fast as any other member of her family, so got to school in no time.

The day dragged, her friends seemed just as excited for her as they all chatted about what had happened last Friday at the party.

Finally it was the end of the day. She'd been so focused on wanting it to come quickly that now it was here she started to feel nervous.

She packed up her things. Her friends walked with her as she headed towards the parking lot. She was not entirely convinced he would show and told her friends as much. They tried to calm her down when they reached the doors to the car park, as she seemed reluctant to move any further.

"Come on Ness, you'll be fine," Catlin said, grabbing her hand and leading her outside.

There he was, he had actually come. Her stomach did a little back flip. He looked fantastic, leaning against his car, hair done perfectly, wearing dark jeans and she could see his beige v-neck jumper peeking out from underneath his brown coat. He smiled at her when he spotted her in the crowd, beaming back, she dashed over to him.

"You came!" She said, practically skipping the final section to him.

"What? Do you think I'm crazy? Of course I came!" He said, giving her a big smile which again she returned, her stomach flipping at his words.

"But first I must apologise for my behaviour on Friday, I go a bit funny if I've had too much to drink, you didn't need to see that. I'm so sorry, can you forgive me?" He asked her.

"I wasn't overly concerned to be honest, it was nothing I couldn't handle. You were quite amusing actually and I feel partly responsible for getting you so drunk in the first place, as I involved us in those drinking games," she admitted.

"Yea but you weren't anything like me! I obviously can't handle my drink very well," he said looking concerned.

"I've just got a very high tolerance, that's all. I was ill when I got home though," she lied and he seemed a bit happier.

"So anyway, Renesmee Cullen, I'm here on official business. I have something very important to ask you," he said with a smirk on his face. "Oh what was it again? Uh..what's your favourite colour? No..um..If you were stuck on a desert island and could have only three items what would they be? No, that's not it either," he said, shooting a teasing smile at her. She rolled her eyes at him and smiled.

"Oh! Yea that's it! Ness, will you do me the great honour of accompanying me on a date on Saturday please?" He asked looking her directly in the eyes the whole time. Even though Renesmee knew what he was going to ask, her heart still raced excitedly in response. It took a few seconds to calm herself so he couldn't hear it in her voice.

"It would be my pleasure sir," Renesmee beamed back at him, which he returned.

"So where shall we go?" She asked.

"Well I thought I'd take you to a cute Italian restaurant in town, it's been run by the same family for 50 years and the food is amazing! If you like Italian food that is?" He asked and she nodded her head. "Good, then I thought we could hit the fair afterwards."

"The fairs coming to town? I didn't know! I love them! Me and Jacob always go to try and win the best prizes, so you better watch out, I'm a bit of a pro!" She said excitedly, he giggled.

"Oh yea, sounds like a challenge to me!" He said standing up tall and moving slightly closer to her.

"Yea?" She said squaring herself up against him, with a smirk on her face. "A challenge it is then!"