Five - Cocoon

In the morning Renesmee awoke to the sound of Jacob's door creaking open, her vamp senses were very attuned to the slightest of sounds in her close proximity. She kept her eyes closed but opened one eyelid a fraction to see who it was. It was Billy Black, Jacob's Dad.

He casually came in with a cup of coffee in his hand, upon seeing Renesmee snuggled in with Jacob he abruptly stopped, put down the cup and exited the room. A few minutes later he returned, but this time was carrying another cup of coffee.

As he reached the bed Renesmee stopped feigning sleep and cheerfully said, "Morning Billy."

"Morning Nessie," he replied happily, looking at her, "I wasn't expecting you here this morning."

"I snuck in late last night," she confessed.

Billy seemed not in the slightest bit taken aback or put out by this and his casualty suggested that this was something of a regular occurrence.

"I'm cooking pancakes, so if you want some you best start trying to wake that one up!" Gesturing towards Jacob, who was still out for the count.

"Yea I think I've got ways of doing that," she said mischievously. Billy giggled and closed the door behind him as he returned to the kitchen.

She considered several methods for waking him up, but resulted to her favourite, so just climbed over and sat on him, then shouted "Morning Jake!" as loud and cheerfully as she could.

He stirred instantly, groaning and mumbling in the process, his eyes still closed.

"Ugh, get off, let me sleep," he muttered, then swot her off him like a fly.

Not prepared and with Jacob's super strength Renesmee was hurtled over and off the bed, for the second time in twelve hours. She landed softly this time as she had time to anticipate it.

Jacob finally opened his eyes guiltily and looked down at Renesmee to check she was ok. She glared up at him.

Seeing she was alright he started giggling. She was up in a second, grabbing his ankle, the smile still on his face as it happened so quickly. Renesmee lifted him by the ankle so he was ripped out of bed and dangling upside down next to her. He took a massive intake of breath at the shock of it, this time it was Renesmee who started giggling.

Jacob didn't say anything apart from the moans and groans. Renesmee felt unsettled by this as it usually meant he was plotting something. She was right and everything happened so quickly that she had no chance to prepare.

Jacob swung upwards quickly and forcefully, grabbing Renesmee by her waist in the process, he then hurtled her onto his bed, pinning her securely against his body.

That's when something strange happened, that had never occurred throughout all of their countless play fights together, she found herself stunned and immobilised under his weight. She felt totally and utterly powerless. It wasn't just his strength keeping her there, she'd managed to wriggle out from beneath him several times before, no it felt like she couldn't even move her fingers.

Couldn't or wouldn't?

His body fit perfectly with hers so there was no space left between them, his weight a comfortable pressure on her body. His arms were either side of her head, cocooning her even more and his face mere inches away from hers, smiling radiantly at her. She felt so cosy, so safe, so perfectly happy in his cocoon that she felt like she could stay like this forever, she didn't need to ever move again.

She looked at him but wasn't really registering anything, she thought she heard him say "Morning beautiful!" In his most chirpy and excitable tone, but she couldn't be sure.