Three - Drunken proposal

As a half vampire she shared a lot of the same traits and superpowers as full vampires, such as super speed, super strength, tough skin, fast healing and enhanced sight and smell.

There were however, several differences. The biggest of which was  Renesmee had a heartbeat and required oxygen. She ran at a constant warm temperature, warmer than a normal human but a fraction cooler than the wolves. As opposed to 100% vampires who were colder than normal humans.

She was able to go out in daylight without her skin shining like diamonds, as normal Vampires do. Her skin instead changed only by a fraction and looked a bit like backlit alabaster, it just gave her a healthy glow.

Her teeth were strong and like normal vampires could easily break through things like skin. She is unique however, in the fact she is not venomous. It is not known whether all female half breeds are non-venomous as they do not know of another, but the male half breed they found had been venomous.

Renesmee also required sleep to survive, something she was pleased she had the ability to do, as it was nice to have that time to relax. She found it strange that everyone she lived with didn't sleep, when she went to bed everyone else stayed up. This is why she liked having Jacob stay over, so she didn't feel like the only odd one out.

Renesmee upheld her promise to Jacob and at the next invite for a sleepover, she asked for her parent's permission to go. They considered her again and let her go. Slowly, over the next few months, she built up to some of the more rowdy parties. She'd gathered enough trust from them by this point that they allowed her.

So it was thanks to this, she was able to go to her friend Catlin's 18th Birthday party, without sneaking out the window.
At the party she bumped into Catlin's cousin Ethan, who she had met on previous occasions at other parties. The last time she'd met him was a while ago, he'd been a senior at her school then. Now she was the senior and he was in his first year at college. Back then he hadn't taken his eyes off her the whole time, which made her happy as he was very good looking and seemed nice, but she didn't get much time to chat to him.

She had aged quite significantly since and when he saw her now his mouth dropped to the floor. The two of them chatted for most of the evening. Renesmee liked him a lot, he was easygoing, had a good sense of humour and was clearly interested in her. He was slim and tall, matching her for height, had lovely blue eyes and his light brown hair had a slight curl to it.

They both had several drinks, Ethan was getting progressively more drunk, but Renesmee felt sober as a judge. Towards the end of the night when Renesmee had to leave, he leaned in to kiss her. She tilted herself away from him and when he started to look hurt she said,
"I want to do things properly, I don't want to be a drunken kiss to you."
He looked slightly shocked at her composure, noticing how clearly she spoke when she had been matching him drink for drink all evening. He barely managed to stumble out a reply even though he looked like he was using every effort.

"Come out with me, I mean...come out on a date with me," he said looking at her. "Please," he added with what he must have thought was a winning smile, only he stumbled over something at the same time and Renesmee had to hold him up.

"You are strong! Strong Nessieray," he rambled. "Strong Nessmaray will you date me go out on? Oh wait, that's wrong," then with all the concentration he could muster, which for some reason required him to close one eye to focus, he said, "Will you go out with me?"

Slightly amused by his performance she giggled, then more seriously said to him.

"Go home, sober up. If on Monday you still want to ask me out, then wait for me after I finish school and try again"

"Yes! I will!" He said excitedly, still with one eye closed.

She walked away from him and towards her friend's Mum's car.

"UNTIL MONDAY THEN MY LOVE!" He shouted across the parked cars. She giggled and waved back, then got into the car.

She got asked a thousand questions by her friends, all of whom were excited and pleasantly surprised that she had just been asked out by the hottest guy at the party.
She enjoyed the talk but was worried about how her thoughts might betray her in front of her Dad when she got home. She luckily no longer had to keep her thoughts shut off when arriving home, as she was not sneaking back in anymore. No, she was worried about what her Dad would think of her dating a human. Sure he was hardly in a position to judge as he had fallen in love with her Mother when she was human, but Edward had been a lot older and had a long time to build up enough self control. Renesmee was still extremely young and had never even kissed anyone, she didn't know what her natural reaction would be. Would she just automatically get a blood lust and end up biting him?

There was too much whirling through her head and she wanted to think it through before facing her Dad. At least then she might be able to control and conceal her thoughts if required.

So she asked if she could be dropped at La Push instead of her house, this would work out better as her friend's Mum was dropping another girl off nearer that end of town anyway.

So she found herself outside Jacob's house.
Due to the late hour, she snuck around the back. Even though she was familiar with which was his room, it wasn't hard to find him, thanks to his loud snores emanating from within. He'd left his window slightly open, so she slid it up fully and climbed in.

She sat on the window sill for a minute, her feet dangling down to his bed beneath it. He was blissfully asleep, his snores bouncing off the walls. They were so loud she heard the window reverberating. She instantly felt relaxed again, she'd stayed over at Jacob's many times before, it felt like a second home. The sound of his snores were almost like a welcome beacon to her, she was so used to them that she never had a problem sleeping in the din. As none of her family slept, it was the only thing she knew and for a while when she was little she thought that this was just what sleep sounded like for everyone.

She slid herself down so she was at the end of his bed. She had planned to wake him up to talk but he looked so peaceful, she couldn't do it.

She sent a quick text to her Mum to let her know that she was now staying at Jacob's, they wouldn't mind her staying here.
She curled herself into a ball and gently rested her head against his legs, he stirred slightly but soon continued his snoring. She was so tired she fell asleep quickly, feeling cosy and peaceful.