18

Logan

I carried Miles like a baby to his apartment, I just looked on the mailbox and noice that it said his last name on the #23.  I laid him down on the bed gently and covered him up.

"Goodnight Miles." I whispered.  I gone to his bathroom and grabbed some aspirin and a glass of water for him.  I also grabbed the little trash-can from the bathroom and set it near him. 

I walked back to the car and looked at my phone to cheek the time.  It was quarter pass 2am and I took a deep breath.  I pressed on my contact.

Cassy
Logan? Do you know what time it is?  Where are you?
Logan
Sorry, I got caught up with work.  I'm on my way now.
Cassy
OK, your father called today.  He wants to have a family dinner Wednesday next week.
Logan
Alright.  What day is it? Monday?
Cassy
Yes, I will call him tomorrow.
Logan
OK.
Cassy
I love you

I waited a few seconds before answering.  Love has also been hard for me.  I don't use it correctly anymore because of my marriage.  I just say it to get by.  But if I say it to Miles...maybe I will understand it than. 

Miles

I woke up with a huge ass headache and my inside turning.  I looked outside and saw that the sun is already up and I looked at my phone.

Logan
Don't worry about work.  Get some rest

I took a deep breath and that's when I felt everything coming back up.  Today is going to be a long day.