56

Miles

Carla was talking to me about something with her date and I was getting work done trying to forget about Logan's performance the other night.

"Carla, get out." I look up to see 3 people standing at the door.  One was Logan, the other one looked like Logan but much, much, older.  The other was a woman that also look like Logan.  Carla got up and walked out.  "Miles this is my father-"

"Logan Stephen.  This is my wife Rebecca." The older man hold out his hand and shook it.  "I would like a coffee with 9 shots of Espresso.  No creamer." He walked pass me.  I look at my boss Logan and he was looking for a folder.  I look at the woman that hand me a card.

"Same thing but with 10 shots.  Thank you."  I nodded my head and grabbed my coat.  I put it around my body and when I grabbed my keys, Logan stopped me, well I guess Logan Jr.

"Where is that envelope I had you put away Mr.Deven?" Logan calling him my last name was unusual for me.  I took a deep breath.

"You never gave me an envelope." I said straight out.  But Logan stopped and looked back at me.

"The envelope from last week.  When I told yo-"

"Do you take this business as a joke?  Where is the fucking Envelope?" Logan's dad yelled.  I jumped and almost started to cry.  Logan looked on his desk and grabbed an envelope.

"I got it father." Logan sounds just as scared as me but I couldn't help but wonder why he didn't stick up for me.  Maybe because of our situation? "Mr Deven! Go get our coffee."

Nope he is being an ass.