63

Miles

"That place was actually really good." Logan said, I smirked and looked at him. 

"Bet it's different than all the high price restaurants." I tease him.  I walked closer to Logan, making our hands touch.

"You actually have no idea.  Since I grew up in a wealthy family, I never had street food."  Just than I felt my cold hand got grabbed by another hand that was warm.

"Street food to me is like food trucks and concession stands."  I looked up at Logan that was nodding his head.  His hair was blowing with the wind and so was his coat.

"Well I guess we both have different point of view." Logan smirked.  This is actually amazing, learning the different styles of life. 

"Tell me more about your childhood." I asked.  Logan stopped smiling and started to walk slower.

"My childhood was complicated." Logan said.  I took in how he looked right now.  Logan looks conflicted but he also looked like he did when I asked if everything was ok this morning.

"Ok.  Let's start off with this, when is your birthday day?" I asked, Logan smiled and looked away.

"In 18 days." Logan answered.  We got to my apartment door and Logan held it open for me.  I was now warm but now missing Logan's hand.  "And your birthday is actually this Wednesday."

My birthday is this Wednesday but I wasn't planning on doing anything, I mean what would I do? Work? Yeah probably.

"Do you want to take the day off?  Go see some friends? Party?" Logan asked.  I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath, getting ready to spill the bad news.

"I don't celebrate."

"Oh...well of it makes you feel any better, I have to share my birthday with 2 other people." Logan said.  I took out my keys and unlocked my door.  Yeah that makes me feel better to be honest.

"2?" I asked.  Logan smirked and nodded his head. 

"My sister Zoie and my brother Zackary."

"So it's Shawn-"

"Me, Zackary, than Zoie." I looked at him as I sat on the couch.  So he is part of triples?

"That's actually kinda cool!" I smiled at him as he sat on the couch.  Logan smirked and looked down, bitting his lip.  "At least you actually have someone to celebrate your birthday with."

"What do you mean?"

"Well since my father is no where to be found, my mother died, and I'm an only child." I nodded my head and Logan now looks sad.  I took a deep breath before cuddling up to Logan.  He wrapped his arm around my shoulders while I rest my head on his chest, my legs on his lap, and my arm closed to my chest.  Logan kissed the top of my head.

"Well, what did you and your mother do for your birthday?" Logan asked after a few minutes of just silence.

"She would save up money to go to this fancy, I think it was called The River Cafè." I smiled thinking about that time and how lucky I was to have her.  "It wasn't cheap but it was amazing."

"Your mother sounds like a great person." I nodded my head, I hear Logan's heart slowing down as he runs his fingers through my hair.  "What about friends?  You must have some."

"Closest I have to a friend is Carla." I look up at him and felt my heart slowing down.  Everything slowed down actually, nothing was happening but it was amazing, everything and anything is perfect.  "What about you?"

"Friends?  I run a business, I don't have time to make friends outside of work." I smiled and grabbed his blazer.  Logan smirked and looked at my hand.

"Can you tell me more about the business?" I asked, Logan looked at me like he could talk for hours about the business. 

"The founder was someone named Ilya Alexeyev, he come from Russia.  He met my great-grandmother which was the co-owner.  My great-grandmother met my great-grandfather and had my grand-aunt.  Ilya and my grand-aunt feel in love and had my father, my father met my mother in high-school and change the name to Stephen's  Cooperation.  Had me and my siblings, and even through I say that Shawn chose something else, it's just that my grandfather, Ilya, want me to run the business."

"That's a lot." I said as I smiled at him.  Logan smiled and nodded his head.  "How can you remember all of that?"

"It was engraved into my mind by my father and plus, when you are the popular kid in school that has a loded father, you hear it all the time." 

A/n (⚠️PLEASE⚠️READ⚠️)

Wow! So I wanna make the history interesting and hopefully it is but I know it can be confusing.  To sum it all up, the child that Logan's great-grandmother had fell in love with Ilya and had Logan's father.  That is the important thing to remember.

But anyways, thank you for reading.  I rethought about the ending to this book and I am going to still leave you people off with a cliffhanger but not a huge one like I was going to, but still a cliffhanger about Logan and mostly Miles side. 

Ps. If you guys wanna read a good book kind like this one but more on the...faithful side, I recommend the book, The CEO Kryptonite, but I will warn you the person working on it is writing the last book and the second book they has on here isn't the full book and to get the rest of the book you need to pay on a separate app but the 3rd book they are writing on here and only have 10 chapters out right now. 

wambuimuiruriii