55

Logan

I let go of Miles and watched as my father's black 2020 Lamborghini Huracan EVO pulls up next to my car.  I took a deep breath and put my hands on my hips.

"Should I leave?" I looked down to see Miles absolutely terrified.  I licked my lips and nodded my head.  "I can take your bag."

"Thank you." I whispered.  When Miles left, my father's car door opened and not only is my father stepping out but my mother is also.  I walked up to them and my mom took me into her arms.  "Hello mama."

"My baby...How has it been?" Her soft but still somehow scary voice said.

"Just fine.  How are you two?" You would never hear anyone refer my mom and dad as there own person if they are together.  They have true love the I think-

"Not important! You care to explain to me why you felt the need to decline the trip I wanted to take you and your wife on."  I took a deep breath.  I honestly don't know why I decline that, I just didn't want to leave Miles but I can't tell my father that.

"Father, I have so much to do for the business." I lied, I have gotten really good at lying to my father but he can see through it right now.

"What about that new assistant Zoie and Shawn were talking about?" My father looked at me and I wanted to smile just at the thought of him.

"What about him?"