Chapter 158: Stealing the Show

Night of Champions:

Onscreen:

I was stretching before my match. The Divas title was seated on a crate near me.

Stephanie came from behind me.

I noticed her after a few seconds. I straightened up so I was standing up straight. I waited for her to speak.

"Hello, Gabby," Stephanie greeted.

"Hi," I said.

"Did you hear what happened to Roman?" Stephanie asked me.

I gave a fake smile, "I did, Stephanie. What's your point."

"It's a shame," Stephanie shook her head, "He was on such a role. I mean first Dean Ambrose, than Roman Reigns."

"What's your point?" I said in annoyance.

Stephanie shrugged, "I mean, it seems that people who go against the authority.... well lets just say bad things happen to them."

"It's a good thing I'm apart of the authority," I said.

Stephanie nodded, "Good luck tonight and make sure you take care of the AJ problem tonight."

A wide smile came on my face, "If anyone needs a little luck, it's you Steph."

Stephanie frowned at me.

"Now if you'll excuse me," I reached over and grabbed my title, "I have a match," I walked off with Stephanie looking after me in shock.

In the ring:

Lillian Garcia was standing in the center of the ring.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this next match is scheduled for one fall and it is for the Divas championship!"

"I've been waiting all day for this," Jerry said excitedly.

AJ's theme started playing as the diva came skipping onto the stage.

"Introducing the challenger, from Union City, New Jersey, AJ Lee!" Lillian exclaimed.

"You know guys, I'm surprised AJ is even able to stand after what Gabby did to her on Raw," Cole commented, "But she looks fine right.

AJ started skipping around the ring.

"Why does she skip?" Jerry suddenly said.

AJ slid in the ring and went over to the ropes to sit there.

"She's crazy," JBL answered Jerry.

My theme came on.

I came walking onto the stage, wearing gray ripped up jeans, a black top and black leather boots along with black fingerless gloves. I held my title in the air.

"And approaching the ring, from Aberdeen, Washington, she is the Divas champion, Gabby Bryan!"

"And our lovely Divas champion," Jerry said.

"You know that was a pretty interesting conversation that Stephanie had with Gabby moments ago," Cole said as I started walking towards the ring.

"Yeah, Gabby telling Stephanie that if anyone needed luck, it was Stephanie," Jerry said, "What do you suppose that's about?"

"I'm not sure, King," Cole said admittedly as I rolled into the ring.

AJ stepped forward, but was stopped by the ref.

"AJ can't wait to get her hands on Gabby tonight," Cole said.

"You know, I don't like any of these divas, but I must admit that this is going to be a great match," JBL said.