Chapter 18: Battleground

I woke up on the couch. I yawned, stretching and looked around. Seth was the only one there. He was packing a gym bag.

"Good Morning!" I said, looking over the couch.

Seth looked over at me and grinned, "Hey, how was last night?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, standing up and walking over to sit at the small table there.

Seth started laughing, "Me and Roman walked in and you and Dean looked pretty cozy," he winked at me.

I had forgotten about last night. Dean must have left. I remembered falling asleep on him, Why did you do that? I thought to myself.

"Nothing happened, I just got tired and the couch wasn't big enough for two people," I defended myself, but Seth didn't believe me.

"So, what else did you two do yesterday," Seth raised his eyebrows at me and sat at the table, across from me.

"We just went to the zoo," I said.

"What did you do there?"

I groaned, "I don't know, Seth, what do people usually do at a zoo?"

"True," Seth said, "and you two were watching a horror movie? Did you get scared and cuddled with him?"

"Seth, shut your face, shouldn't you be worried about your match tonight? Triple H will be pretty mad if you and Roman lose against the Rhodes brothers," I reminded him.

"Stop trying to change the subject," Seth replied, "I need to hear this."

I sighed, "Like I said, I was tired and I fell asleep on the couch, now, lets just stop talking about this."

Seth looked at me with doubt, but didn't keep at it, "I'm going to the gym with the boys, you want to come?"

"Sure, let me get dressed," I said, getting up.

About twenty minutes later, Seth and I walked into the gym. I spotted Dean and Roman at the other side of the gym, lifting weights. Dean was shirtless. I felt my cheeks redden.

Seth led the way over, "You ready for the match tonight, big man," he asked Roman.

"You bet," they fist bumped.

"Alright guys, lets get to work," Dean said and they all went to separate machines.

I walked away from them and went to a treadmill. I set it before running on it.

After a few minutes, Seth walked over, "Hello, Mrs. Ambrose."

I groaned and decided to go somewhere else, leaving him laughing at me. I decided to go over to Roman, who was on a bicep machine. I sat on the machine next to him that was identical.

"Hey Gabby, how's it going?" Roman asked.

"Seth's being a dick," I said as I started doing reps.

"Why, whats he doing?" Roman asked, as he sat up.

I looked over at him and decided to tell him, "He keeps bothering me about Dean and I."

Roman grinned, "I saw you two.." He held his hands up in defense and I grabbed a nearby weight and raised it above my head.

"Think of your next words carefully," I warned.

"Alright, calm down. I was just going to say that Seth is a goof ball and to ignore any and everything he says," Roman said as I dropped the weight on the ground.

"Good choice," I said as I started working on my machine again.
...............................................................
Battleground: