Chapter 115: The Good and The Bad

Thursday:

Dean and I were the first ones to arrive at the funeral home Thursday morning. I had decided to wear my nicest black and white dress for the occasion, along with the necklace from my Dad. Dean had even worn a suit for the occasion.

Dean and I sat on a small white couch in a separate room from the casket, but with the doors open I could still see it. I took a deep breath.

"Seth and Roman are coming," Dean told me as he squeezed my hand in comfort.

I smiled, "That's good."

Dean nodded, "I just want you to know, that I'm here for you."

I rested my head on his shoulder, "It's just....... he never got to see me have kids, or get married or win the Divas championship.... which will happen," I said with a chuckle.

"He'll still be watching," Dean told me.

"I know," I whispered, "It just won't be the same."

At that moment, the funeral door opened and Fred came walking in with Margaret behind him. He came straight over to us.

I got up and gave him a hug. He patted my back before letting go of me and shaking Dean's hand. I gave Margaret and a quick hug before we all sat down again.

We sat in silence for a while.

"Today's going to be a rough day," Fred muttered.

I nodded in agreement.

We didn't speak again until the door opened again and David came walking in followed by Jared. They would both be serving as Paul Bearers. I assumed Audrey and Jamie were already at the church.

I gave each of my cousins a hug before sitting down again. Now we were just waiting for Daniel, Brie and Mom.

They arrived a minute later and joined us. We all sat there. Whenever someone tried to bring up a happy conversation, it was quickly shot down.

Finally, one of the funeral assistants walked in, "Would you all like to see him one last time, we're going to close the casket soon."

We all stood up as one and walked into the neighboring room. Each of us took turns saying good bye. I was second to last. I walked up and kissed my two fingers before placing it on his forehead.

We all stepped back in a semi circle around him.

The funeral assistant returned, "Why don't we all say a our father?"

We agreed.

I closed my eyes as I said the words with a shaky tone:

"Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen."

I finished it with whispers. The funeral assistant stood and took Dad's wedding ring off and handed it to Mom, who took it and squeezed it in her hand.

The casket slowly shut. The last time I would ever see Dad, in this world.

We all headed outside as with Dean and David on one side and Fred and Jared on another they carried the casket to the long car. The doors shut.

I walked straight to my car and opened the door and climbed in the passengers seat. Dean got in the drivers seat.

The car with Dad in it led the charge with Daniel with Brie and Mom behind it. It was followed by me and Dean, then Fred and Margaret with David and Jared in the rear as we headed for the church.