Chapter 47: I Was Going to be Strong

I woke up in the morning super tired. I literally fell out of bed. I got up and showered before going to the kitchen.

I stopped in surprise when I saw Charlotte was the only one in their, "What are you doing here so early?" I asked.

She turned around and smiled, "Just hanging out."

"How did you get in?"

Charlotte shrugged, "Key under the rug."

"I see."

"So, anyways," Charlotte sat by me as I sat at the table, "How did it go last night?"

I sighed, "OK."

"What happened," Charlotte nudged me with her elbow.

"I don't know," I muttered, "We were having a great conversation, then he looked at the time and freaked out and pretty much kicked me out."

Charlotte tilted her head, "That's super weird."

"I know," I mumble, "He said he had to sleep for work."

"On a Sunday? I thought he had Sundays off."

"He does?" I asked.

"Yeah," Charlotte nodded.

We stayed silent until Charlotte spoke, "Has he been doing any other really weird things?"

I thought for a moment, "Yes, actually."

"Like?"

"Well, whenever I call him when I get free time he literally has to go in a minute."

"Is that it?"

"Umm... I believe so."

Charlotte sighed, "OK, I don't know how to say this, but promise not to yell at me."

"I won't,"

"Ok," Charlotte started, "You know that guy that I was dating a while back....... Steven."

I tried to think, "Yes..."

"Well, remember he was pretty much the only guy that I actually dated for real and we dated for like.. two years I believe."

"Yeah, what does that have to do with me?"

"Well...." Charlotte sighed, "He started acting really weird to me. He would act all weird when he was talking on the phone and he would always go places and wouldn't tell me where he was going."

"And what happened."

"Well, one day I came home and he was here with some other chick."

My heart dropped, "What are you saying?"

"I think Andy might be cheating on you."

I shook my head, "He wouldn't do that. We're engaged."

"All I'm saying is this. I think everyone kind of thinks that this would never happen to me, but the truth is it does happen."

"I can't believe it."

"Well," Charlotte got up, "We could go investigate if you want."

I sighed, "I don't want to spy on him."

"We wont," Charlotte assured, "If he made you leave last night and the girl came over it'd be likely that she spent the night. We'll just go to Andy's and see if she's still there."

"If she came at all," I said.

"Yeah, sure," Charlotte pulled me up.

"Fine, but when you're wrong...."