Chapter 49: Couple of the Year

Sierra

Hotel

Indigo

Echo

Limo

Delta

Shield

The crowd exploded when they heard the words. I stepped out of the curtain by myself and walked over Eva and JoJo with an experrison less face.

Eva turned the envelope around and showed me, "I didn't rig it."

"You suck," I said before they laughed and walked off.

The music stopped. The crowd started chanting yes. I grabbed one of two Slammys on the table and looked at it.

"Wow," I said as the crowd cheered.

"Wow," I repeated, "This was very unexpected."

"Unexpected, because we're not actually a couple, so maybe I'll change this to mixed tag team of the year," the crowd chanted no.

"No?" I questioned and sighed, trying to think of what to say next, Just end it.

Problem is, my brain never connects with my mouth, "Ever since I came here, you guys have had a obsession with putting me with Ambrose, like......Why is that? Why him over the other two?"

"I don't know.... It's kind of weird, like, I actually want someone to answer this, why?"

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. The crowd suddenly exploded and I turned around to see him walking towards me. I watched him as he stood by me and grabbed the award I wasn't holding.

"You know what, I'm going to tell you why people want me and you together," Dean said as he tapped his finger against the trophy, "I think it's because ever since the beginning, we've always had the best connection and I know it's weird to hear a guy say that, but it's true."

I didn't say anything. I honestly didn't know what to say.

Dean spoke again as he looked at the Slammy, "I'll have to go give this award to your finance probably though, but you know as long as you're happy......I'm fine."

"No," I suddenly said as I gripped the award.

The crowd cheered, "Really?" Dean asked.

I shook my head, "He doesn't deserve to have it with me."

Dean looked confused, "What are you talking about?" he asked away from the mic.

I looked at him, biting my lip. Why had this had to happen? I promised myself right there I wouldn't cry. Andy didn't deserve my tears. I didn't want to show people a soft side of me. I was debating on whether to tell Dean or not.

"Gabby, you OK?" Dean grabbed my hand.

I shook my head, "No."

"What happened?"

I sighed and turned to the mic, "I have some great news for you fanboys out their. I'm single now."

The crowd exploded, obviously pleased that I was saying I was done with Andy. Dean was looking at me with a mix of confusion and shock. I could barely see my parents. My mom was shaking her head with her hand covering her mouth. My dad was nodding, as if excepting it. Charlotte nodded in my direction. It might not have been the best way to announce the news to them, but it was effective.

I grinned lightly and grabbed my award and held it up, "Thank you," I half walked, half jogged off.

The fans tweet: