Chapter 79: Valentines Day

"Gabs."

"Hmmm," I moaned as I felt someone brush hair from my face.

"Wake up," he said.

I blinked my eyes open. I smiled up at him, "Good morning."

"Happy Valentines Day," he said with a smile.

"You too," I wiped my eyes and sat up to see the table at our hotel set. In front of both chairs lay some gorgeous looking pancakes, "Those look lovely."

Dean chuckled, "A great way to start the day out."

"Carry me," I moaned, holding my arms out.

Dean laughed and bent down to pick me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he set me on one of the chairs. He went to sit across from me.

"Wow! These look amazing," their were three pancakes stacked on top of each other along with strawberries, cut bananas, strawberry sauce and whipped cream. It looked like heaven, "Did you make this?"

Dean snorted, "No."

I giggled, "I would have been OK if you would have lied."

Dean shrugged, "I figured it'd taste good either way."

I started digging in, "So, what are we doing today Mr. Ambrose?"

"It's a surprise," Dean said, "You'll just have to wait and see."

"OK," I agreed to his terms as my heart skipped with excitement. He made me feel so wanted.

We finished eating pretty quick. I almost devoured it all in one second. I was able to restrain myself.

"Can you at least tell me what to wear?" I asked, walking over to grab my suitcase.

"A nice dress would be nice," Dean answered.

I couldn't help but smile, "Ok, let me shower quick."

I walked into the bathroom and started looking through my clothes. I pulled out a red dress that came above my knees and had small sleeves that barely went past my shoulder. There was red lace over the red fabric.

I took my time showering, trying to enjoy it. When I was done, I blow dried my hair and left it in curls down my head. I put on my dress before putting on some light make up.

I pulled on some black heels and looked at them, "Just for today," I muttered, putting them on. I had gotten used to them, but they still bothered me.

I walked out of the bathroom to see Dean gone. Why did he just leave?

I tried to shrug it off as I pulled out a black leather jacket, considering it was still freezing outside. I put it aside before laying on the bed.

I grabbed my phone. I knew I should probably call my mom. We hadn't talked since Christmas and she tended to worry a lot.

"Hello?" I almost cried hearing my moms voice from the other end.

"Hi, mom," I managed to get out.

"Gabby, how are you?" my mom sounded happy.

"I'm great, Happy Valentines Day," I said.

"To you too, sweet heart."

"What are you and dad doing today?"

I was always interested in it. My dad had a very good way of finding new things to do every year. That was one of my favorite parts of Valentines to be honest.

"We're going to go dancing," my mom said happily, I could hear the grin on her face.

I knew my mom loved dancing but my dad wasn't much of a dancer. It would be interesting to hear the climax of this story.