janitor x reader| i cant wait until you wake up!

In advance, im sorry.

Also, two chapters in one day!

Janitor POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its been a few hours since (y/n) went to bed, i told them to go to their actual bed instead of the floor to sleep, but as long as they're comfy i guess they can sleep there.

"Okay, im gonna go work! I love you!"
I say, walking off...i usually get an 'i love you' back, i guess they're just tired.

By the time i come back, i don't hear a sound, they must still be asleep, because they usually come up and hug me.

"Huh? Its been at least nine hours, you must really be sleepy...!"
I say, walking to where i heard them lie down at and feel around to pat their head, i finally find it and pat their head, but they feel kinda cold.

"Oh, you're cold! Don't worry, i can get you a blanket!!"
I say, walking over and grabbing the fluffy blanket they really like, i put it over them and walk to my bed, making sure i don't accidentally step on them.

"Goodnight! We can go and visit the twins tomorrow, hopefully you're not as sleepy by then."
I say, lying on my bed and slowly falling asleep.

...

...

...

"Good morning! Hm? (Y/n)?"
I call out, getting out of bed and searching the floor, i graze the top of their head and smile.

"Oh, you're still asleep!"
I say, patting their head again.

I feel my way towards the door, opening it and smiling.

"I'll go find the twins and see if they need help, have a good nap!"
I say, walking off again.

I carefully find the kitchen, not without bumping into a few things like tables or counters though.

"Hey! Are you two here?"
I call out.

"Hm? Oh, what are you doing down here?"
One of the twins ask, i wish i knew the difference from them, but they sound really alike..!

"(Y/n)'s been asleep for a while and i wanna ask you if you could make them some soup for when they wake up!"
I exclaim.

"Sure, lunch is over and dinner Isn't for a while, so we have time for that...are you gonna go or stay? Cause if you stay then you have to be still, i don't wanna accidentally stop something or run into you."
One of the twins says.

"I'll stay, and thank you!"
I say.

I hear the sounds of chopping and the bubbling of their big cauldron, its really relaxing, but i don't know why..oh well.

"So, how long have they been asleep? I haven't seen them around lately."
The twin asks.

"Hm...three days i think."
I say, i hear something drop.

"T-three days?? As in...three days straight of them sleeping?"
The twin mumbles.

"Yeah, i tried to wake them up a few times, but they're really tired, and really cold too, even though i gave them their favorite fluffy blanket!"
I say.

"Oh...uh...is it okay if i ask miss geisha to...wake them up?"
The twin asks.

"Sure! We could all have soup together too!"
I say.

"Yeah...sure...it'll be done in an hour or so, you can come back later, I'll send for miss geisha to come to your room."
The twin mumbles.

"Alright, bye!"
I say, making my way [downtown-] back to the direction of my room.

It takes a little bit to get to my room, hopefully miss geisha is already there and woke (y/n) up, they must be hungry!

"Hi! Are you here miss geisha? Or (y/n)?"
I call out.

"Ah, there you are..."
Miss geisha says, i feel her hand on my shoulder.

"Hi miss!"
I greet her.

"Hello....the chefs told me (y/n)'s been...sleeping, for a few days now."
She says.

"Yes, they're really tired..!"
I say.

"Yes, but....you surely knew they weren't sleeping, right?"
She asks.

"Huh? What do you mean?"
I ask.

"When i came into here, i smelled a horrible stench, and there were some flies circling them...you couldn't have ignored that smell."
She says.

"What are you saying? Is there some fruit rotting in my room..?"
I ask.

"Well...something is....listen, (y/n) isn't sleeping, they're...gone."
Miss geisha says.

"Huh? Gone? You mean they woke up and walked away to find me?"
I ask...did they wake up? Yay!!

"No, that's not what i mean...they're dead, they've been dead for days now....you've been sleeping in the same room as a corpse."
Miss geisha says.

"Huh? No, that's not right! If they were dead I'd know it, i promise you they're just really tired!"
I assure her.

"I...i cant make you accept the truth, but tomorrow morning we're going to land, and whether or not you consent, we will need to dispose of them.  we can give them a funeral if that's your wish, until then..im sorry for your loss."
Miss geisha says, i hear her footsteps leave my room, and i walk over to (y/n), feeling for them and grabbing their hand.

"Hey...you gotta wake up, miss geisha thinks you're dead, and she wants to leave you at land...! I know you're not dead, but they don't, so you gotta wake up and help me show them you're alive! Okay?"
I say, but only silence answers.

"Hm...im gonna wake you up tomorrow, but i guess you can sleep for tonight, just please wake up if i sleep too long and we go at land."
I say, patting their head.

I lie in my bed and sigh, do they really think they're dead? No, i gotta show them they're just sleeping, i know they are...they wouldn't leave me alone, i know they wouldn't!

"Goodnight (y/n)....

...i love you."