𝟐𝟑 || 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐭

Damien

I get my driver to drive me and Cassie home as she's in my lap. I'm brushing my fingers through her long thick brunette hair while i rub my thumb on her cheek.

"You're so stupid Cassie." I whisper to myself but also her.

"I know.. But i couldn't have just not go." She replies back, Trying to get me to understand her side. No matter what she should never of gone and i shouldn't have trusted her enough to not do that.

"I'm confused Damien.." As the words leave her lips i already dread what she's going to say. I know what's a he's going to say and i don't have the answers for her because i don't know myself.

I don't reply but she speaks again, "We've been doing these things.. And you say you hate me and use me one minute.. Then the next you kiss me." She sighed.

I wait a couple of seconds so i can think to myself, I don't know what to say.

It pissed me off when she asked questions like that, Because i've never felt.. Care for another woman like this.

"I don't know either Cass." I say shaking my head confused.

We're in the car and we have hours to drive.
All i have is me my thoughts and i.
And Cassie in my arms.

Damien's flashback
(before his dad passed)

"Dad.. Why are you always with other woman? You have Mom." I ask confused as i eat noodles at the table.

"One day you're going to take over my spot, You're going to rule this all, You're going to have power." He took a break to chew on his food, "One thing about power.. You can't fall in love, Never and i mean never fall for a woman. I'll be disappointed in you."

"But why? I'm confused.. Then why are you with Mom?" I ask needing answers.

"Because, We have kids and we're only living together for you, Eh sometimes she's a good fuck but i don't love her." He said as his fork scraped the size of his bowl.

"You know.. Don't ever fall in love for someone, That means you're weak, I don't want someone who's weak to be taking over my spot? You hear me!?" Father raised his voice.

"But i just want to know why i can't!" I say standing up angry and stomped my feet.

He takes in a deep breathe, "Love is for the weak son, Don't ever fall in love or they will hurt you, They will betray you, They will use you. Never fall for a woman, Never catch feelings, Just fuck and leave that's all you're ever allowed to do, Falling in love would make you a disappointment to me, For being so weak, Being able to care for a woman like that.." He scoffed, "Weak." Putting more food in his mouth.

"I promise.. I won't ever fall for a woman, Or crush on anyone. I don't want to weak i want to be strong just like you." I say giving my father a smile assuring him i will be strong, powerful. Not weak who will give people a opportunity to hurt me.

"Good son, Now finish you're food."

**

Ever singe then, I've been afraid to love. I've never had the chance really because i just didn't have feelings for anyone.

I couldn't gain care, trust or anything for anyone never not after i learned that it meant i was weak.

I didn't want to be weak, I didn't want Cassie to make me weak.

I've never felt this way about anyone before and i'm realising now she could hurt me, She could destroy me.

I couldn't let that happen.
Suddenly i felt panic, My heart racing.
I just know my father is incredibly disappointed in me.
This should've never happened.

"What's wrong Damien?" Cassie says furrowing her eyebrows and grabbing my hand.

I close my eyes hardly and take a deep breathe in, I pull my hand away from hers and watch sadness take over her eyes.

Her head gets off my lap and she leans the other way as she grunts out in pain, "Okay then."

"Cassie.." I say, Not knowing what to say next.

"No i get it. You always do this, Why am i surprised?" She says looking out the window.

I had to calm myself down, I couldn't let anyone see i was really panicking on the inside.
I didn't want to be weak, I didn't want to be a disappointment to him.

Cassie

Damien randomly pushed my hand off his and started acting off, He was being.. somewhat nice and how acting like a dick.

I cant stand him, His emotions change like a switch, It just switches and he's in a whole different mood and upset with me.

I just wish i knew what was going inside his head, So i could understand him. Be there for him.

I may be the one shot but i know he has a lot going on, And has had a lot go on.
And i was actually already feeling better with my wound surprisingly, But it hurt. like. hell.

We arrive to Damien's home and i whimper out in pain as i try to move.

"Don't move." Damien said quickly getting out of the car and moving to my side, He opened the door and put me in his arms, Carrying me inside.

He put me on his bed, Hesitantly.

"Why are you acting like this..? Did i do something wrong or say something? I didn't mean to." I say biting my lip, Upset.

Why do i always have to fuck things up?

"It's not you Cassie." He sighed.

"Then what is it?" I ask, He looks at me for a couple seconds then just leaves.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter

I love adding Damien's flashbacks because i think it shows more of a understanding of how he is today

Again: Ur childhood makes you who you are and his childhood explains a lot why he is like this today.

I hope you're all understanding his character more.

Questions or anything to say feel free to ask :)