eighteen

A WEEK LATER

"Mom, Dad!" Camila yelled as we walked into the house. I sat down the suitcases and waited for a reply, "We're here!"

Sofi ran to the front door and jumped into my arms. I looked at her soft face to see her red eyes and tear stained cheeks. I used my thumb to wipe the remaining tears, "Sofi, baby. What's the matter?"

"Thomas was mean to me." She sobbed into my shoulder.

I brushed her hair with my fingers, "Who's Thomas?" Camila asked after kissing the small girls head.

"My boyfriend. He's in the backyard with Daddy and he pushed me down off the monkey bars." Sofi replied still highly upset.

I held her tight and picked her up so that her legs wrapped around my waist, "You want me to beat him up?"

She nodded and I smiled, hurrying out the door.

"Y/N, stop! He's just a kid." Camila said pulling on my shirt.

"I won't hurt him. I'll just scare the shit out of him." I told her turning around.

Camila smacked the back of my head, "Stop cussing around my sister."

"Damn, Camila. You're mean." Sofia told her which made me laugh.

"YOU SEE WHAT YOU DID?!" Camila whined.

We walked into the backyard to see Sinu sitting at a patio table with a lady and man while Alejandro was tending to a grill.

"There's our daughters!" Mama Sinu smiled.

"I'll be back to give you all hugs and kisses." I informed them, not taking my eyes away from the jungle gym in front of me where a small blonde boy was guarding the entrance.

"Stop!" He ordered when I stepped onto the sand.

"Why?" I asked, still clutching Sofi to my body but she turned her head towards him.

"You're a grown up and grown ups aren't allowed." He insisted.

"She's cool, Tommy." Sofi softly spoke.

"Yeah, I'm cool." I smiled putting her down on her feet and brushing her dark hair back out of her face. "But you know what isn't cool?"

"What?" He said, swinging on a bar.

"Pushing someone off of the monkey bars. How would you feel if I shoved you off the slide right now?"

"You're not allowed." He stated, sitting down to swing his legs over the edge.

"Sofia, tell your boyfriend about how I don't follow the rules."

"Once, Mom told her not to bounce the ball in the house and she did it anyways." Sofi ooed at the small boy.

"I'm pretty rebellious, which means if you hurt Sofi again, I will chase you around until I catch you. And then when I do, I will hang you upside down on those monkey bars by your feet. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

The small child's eyes opened wide and he nodded.

"Now, what do you say to Sofia?"

"Sorry." His solemn voice spoke.

I kissed the top of her head and walked back over to the patio to give Mama Sinuhe and Alejandro kisses on the cheek.

"Olivia and Marcus, this is Y/N, my daughter in law." I walked up to give both of the people a handshake while Mama Sinu introduced me.

I took my seat beside Camila and Marcus spoke up, "I didn't know you had a son, Sinu. I thought you only had two daughters."

"I do." Sinu smiled. "Y/N is married to Camila."

Marcus gave Olivia a worried look which automatically made me glare at them.

"Well, that's lovely." Olivia said gripping Marcus' hand. "So, how old are both of you?"

"18." We said in sync.

Olivia replied with a happy voice almost similar to a stereotypical princess, "Teenage love. Oh, remember those days, honey?"

He turned to her and sent a loving smile, "Of course, babe." His smile subsided into awkwardness when he turned back to us, "So, um-how, how long have you two been together?"

"Three years." Camila answered him, trying to beat me to the question when she noticed that I was so close to setting the obviously homophobic man straight. "Well, before the wedding a few weeks ago."

"Oh, it was lovely." Sinu said bringing over some sodas to sit down in front of me, "Camila planned out the whole thing in Cuba. But Y/N planned the honeymoon. I never got to hear about Brazil, you two."

Camila and I smiled at each other deviously, and Camila replied to her, "It was wonderful, mama. Y/N bought out a private island. All the pictures are on my iPad though. It was gorgeous. A beach front, waterfall in the back, rotating glass doors. Absolutely paradise."

I smiled hearing her gush about the honeymoon. It was nice to hear her be so proud of something that I did. I felt like I finally made her so happy that she was bound to brag about it.

"Well, I can't wait to see them." Sinu approvingly responded.

Camila turned her head towards the jungle gym and her eyes got huge. She shot up and grabbed my hand, "Y/N, come with me. We're gonna have a talk with my sister."

I looked over to see Sofi pulling away from Thomas' face. Obviously finishing a kiss.

On our way over, she growled at me, "You teach my sister such bad things."

"I haven't taught your sister anything she wouldn't know going to a public school. It's better she hears it from me."

She ignored me and speed walked behind the jungle gym to find Sofia and Thomas holding hands and sitting in the sand. An adorable moment.

"Sofi!" Camila roared, "If you're going to have a boyfriend, I want you to stay in sight of us."

"Camila, I think you need to chill." Sofia retorted.

I cackled at Sofi's sassiness which made Camila smack my arm to shut me up.

"Sofi, don't talk to me like that. Im just trying to keep you from getting into trouble with Mom."

"You're just trying to make sure me and Tommy aren't kissing. I know." Like I said before, Sofia is a smart kid. "I'm just treating Tommy like Y/N treats you."

I applauded her, "There you go, girl."

"Don't be like Y/N." Camila frowned.

"And why not?" I asked with a stern grip on my voice.

Camila brushed her hair back and pursed her lips, "'Cause I know you. You know you."

"That's kinda true." I smiled. "But at least she's treating him good. That's all that matters."

"Stop encouraging this." Camila smacked my arm again.

"Ow! Stop hitting me." I groaned at her. "I'm gonna go sit down. Sofia, go ahead and make out with your boyfriend. Remember to use tongue or its called sucking face."

I walked back over to the patio and told Mama Sinu that I was gonna go upstairs and unpack some clothes before the girls and I were called to come together later today.

I grabbed our bags and went upstairs to Camila's old room. Oh, so many memories have happened between these four walls. Mostly sexual but there's also been an occasional fluffy and sweet moment.

It hasn't been 5 minutes when the door bursted open.

"What the hell is your issue?" Camila angrily yelled in a hushed tone.