thirty-one

FIRST DAY OF THE TOUR

A month and a half of no sleeping because of read throughs, filming, recording, and rehearsing, I thought I would explode. Right now I am more than exhausted.

The first performance is in San Diego and I'm already late for practicing my set.

Filming lasted longer than usual so I didn't even get to get on my tour bus when I was supposed to.

The responsibilities I have keep piling up. Then on top of all of this, Camila is still trying to have a baby. So far, we haven't had any luck but she's not giving up so I'm not gonna stop her. She still has that drive for a baby and who am I to get in the way? Even though I actually just really want a dog.

I was passed out cold in the bunk of my bus when my curtain was yanked open and five hands started pushing and nudging me awake while the voices yelled things along the lines of, "Despertarse, getcho ass up, wake up...." The things that annoy you when you're trying to sleep.

I turned over to face towards the wall and responded angrily, "Just lemme sleep." I felt soft lips on my neck and I laughed, "Dinah, get the hell off of me." I knew they weren't Camila's lips at all.

"Damn it. I thought it would work." Dinah groaned before stomping off through my bus.

Someone climbed into the bed behind me and pressed their mouth close to my ear. This was my wife. I could tell, "If you get up and go practice your set, you and I will stay on this bus together all the way to Seattle."

"And what if I don't?" I challenged the somewhat smaller girl without even giving her eye contact.

"You can ride the bus with the girls and I."

"Fuck. Fine." I groaned pushing my butt out to signal to her to move.

"Wow, she doesn't even wanna be around us. Love you too, kid!" Lauren yelled from my lounge.

I laughed, "It's not that, Lo. I'm just really sleepy. She thinks we're gonna fuck but I'm probably gonna be passed out on most of that trip." I jumped off the top bunk and landed on my feet.

I could see all the girls laid out on the couches and at the dinner table. Making themselves at home as usual. Which means that my bus will be the new hangout.

I went to the empty bunk across from me where I put my suitcase and I opened it up to grab a half shirt and some joggers that Zendaya bought for me before making a detour to the small bus bathroom and struggling to get everything on with such a small space. But I made it work and walked out of the bathroom with a loud yawn.

"You're practicing in that?" Camila asked protectively while eyeing me down.

I nodded, "Yeah. And?"

"What about meet and greets?"

"I have something for that too but this is rehearsals. Like full on rehearsals because I haven't got to do my full set in a week." I could tell Mila was getting a little jealous and upset about my outfit but it's not like a lot of people are gonna see me rehearse.

"Mama," I heard Dinah call out from the lounge room, "You look hot as fuck." She walked over to pull me away from the bunks and sat me beside Mani, "Let's take a selfie."

I hated taking pictures with the girls because I was always the odd one out. I threw up a sly smirk in the pic while Normani and Dinah hung all over me.

Dinah typed a caption and my phone went off with her Twitter notification.

I swiped it unlocked to read what Dinah put.