forty-one

"And how does that make you feel?" Dr. Collins asked me like she did so often.

That's the only reason why I despised hearing those words was because I didn't know how to feel about certain things.

"Sad, I guess."

Camila wanted me to visit my therapist and actually talk instead of just waiting for another prescription.

Collins was a forty year old, beautiful woman. She was one of those ladies you would think was a porn star who just played a therapist or a school teacher, but she actually had many PhD's from Harvard and Yale so I guess she's the real deal.

She crossed her long legs in her chair across from the the couch I was sat at and put down the pad she was writing on. "Look, I know you're uncomfortable talking about your feelings but those things on your arms aren't accidents. Maybe if you speak up, the need to do some of that won't be as strong." I kept quiet and turned my head away from her to stare out the window. "Or if you don't want to talk, I can get a court ordered rehab set up for you if you're a danger to yourself and people around you."

My eyes shot wide open, "No, please. I'll talk."

The therapist looked up at the clock above me and frowned, "You lucked out this time. Our session is over." Collins pulled out her prescription pad and began scribbling on the pieces of papers, "But I want you back here the same day and time next week."

"I'll be in the UK." I explained to her.

She sighed out and frowned, "Fine but I will be in contact with your uncle and your wife to check up on you and make sure you get back here as soon as possible. Do you understand?"

"Yes." I got up to retrieve the prescriptions so I could hurry up and get the hell out of there.

I had a plan to go by the pharmacy before spending some time with Chloe.

Standing outside of the door of her flat, I began making a beat on the wood panels and nodding my head at the sound.

"If you don't let me in right now, I'll start rapping, too." I yelled through the door.

Chloe hurried to unlock the door and let out a breath of relief when she saw me, "Thank God you didn't start rapping. That would've been a mess."

"Ha ha." The sarcasm filled my voice before I pulled her into a deep hug, "Did ya miss me?"

"Barely." Chlo joked, pulling me further into her flat. "It's only been like a month and a half since you left
to be with your wife on a steamy tour bus."

We sat down on a new couch in her den and I sighed out, pushing my hair out of my face. "Yeah."

"What's wrong?" She asked in a concerned tone, "The sex isn't steamy enough?"

I had made an animal out of Chloe and I love it. It wasn't until she met me that she finally came out of that small shell she had been forced into so early in her career.

"It isn't that." I sighed. "I'm gonna tell you this but you can't speak a word to anyone. No one knows it's going on and I plan to keep it that way."

"You're pregnant?!" Chloe guessed with excitement.

"Fuck no." I laughed. "The girls are in some trouble at the moment."

"And why is that?"

I ran my hands down the leather arms of the jacket then placed my hands in my lap to mess with them nervously, "Apparently, their management thinks I'm a bad influence. So, the girls have been sheltered off from me. They won't let me near their bus, I'm forced to stay in my dressing room until my set starts, they have security around them to watch for me all the time. It's horrible."