twenty-four

I slipped on my brand new pair of sneakers while sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Where are you going all spruced up?" Camila asked, clicking her heels out of the bathroom while fiddling with an earring.

I took a second glance to see her in a tight dress and my eyes got big, "I could ask you the same thing."

She smiled, "We have to make an appearance at some fundraiser. You should see Dinah's outfit. It's so hot I could catch a tan from it."

"I think you're talking about yourself." I smiled, getting up from my seated position to grab her by her hips and pull her in close so that there was no room for modesty.

Camila and I leaned in to softly caress each other's lips together. She pulled away and looked into my eyes, "Why do you look so nice in your half shirt and army jacket. You finally get style?"

"I'm gonna go adventure around with a friend and you know what? Fuck you. I have always had style." I pulled away to go to the bed and sit down to finish tying my shoe so I could put the other one on.

Camila walked over to the dresser to grab her favorite cherry lipgloss and apply it over her beautiful bright pink lips. "Oh, what friend?" I kept quiet. I didn't want to say it because I know she would freak out and this would start a whole other fight. "That bad? Who's it? Jessie?" Silence. "Zendaya?" Nothing. "Chlo?" I kept my head down. She thought for a second then a loud gasp bursted from her mouth. "Ariana."

"Babe, please don't be mad." I begged while slipping on the other shoe.

"Why can't I be mad? You know what she wants. Even I know what she wants. I thought you were through with her." Cam threw the lip gloss back on the dresser and grabbed her phone to storm out of the room.

I grabbed her before she could get too far in the hallway and stopped her by grabbing her hips and pulling her body towards me even though she was trying to push me away.

"Look at me!" I demanded referring to her lack of eye contact.

She clenched her jaw and turned towards me.

I gripped her hips and made sure my nails were indented into her skin so she wouldn't try to move, "I love you. I'm not going to do anything with Ariana. I'm just playing nice for the moment."

"But she'll-"

"Stop." I interrupted her. "Stop with this possessive paranoia. You are the only one for me. It's you and me until the end and no Ariana Grande or Zendaya Coleman or Summer Ybarro are gonna get in the way. Your fucking obsessiveness needs to end. It's crazy because I'm just trying to be a friend to other people. I don't want anything with them more than friendship and I'm calling all of this beef out. The bullshit media rumors are not true. You pay too much attention to that shit." I couldn't stop. I had come undone trying to put this through her head.

I was tired of it and it needed to end quick because I was not going to live like this for the rest of our lives. I want to live with her forever and be happy but her listening to this bullshit at home would have to stop.

If I'm hanging out with other people, Mila needs to know that I'm in love with only her. There are loyal people out there, ya know? I'm not trying to get revenge when we break up or have a fight. I just plan on being friends and I don't want anyone else. She just doesn't get that no matter how many times you hurt me, I come back. I'm not there to start from the beginning. I'm here to pick up where we left off. "If you start believing all these other people and not me, how can we be happy?"

Her eyes welled up with tears and she yanked my hands away, "Stop it."

"Why? Cause you know I'm right?"