forty-five

"Nicholas." I groaned, walking into the baby room with a newborn screaming at the top of his lungs, "You're killing me right now."

I reached into the crib hesitantly and picked up the infant to put a cloth over my shoulder and lightly pat his back like I've seen the girls do many times, "Do you even fucking realize how hot my wife is, fam? And you really had to start crying? What the hell is your problem." I bounced up and down lightly but nothing stopped him from crying. "You want some food, huh?"

I walked into the kitchen with the kid laying in my arms and grabbed a pre-made bottle to sit it in the microwave for about thirty seconds.

After pulling it out and strategically putting the nipple back on, I squeezed the bottle to have the hot liquid touch my skin so could check the temperature. "Fucking ass." I screamed out. "We will let that cool down." Wow, I'm talking to a fucking infant whose barely learned to calm the fuck down.

I kept bouncing him as I took the bottle to the table and sat down. I leaned him back and after a minute or two, I held the bottle to the small boy's face.

He looked me in the eyes as his tiny hands laid on the bottle and he relaxed.

I scanned his face harshly to see the distinct features that I've seen in the mirror every day.

That little way his smile went all the way up to his eyes with that dimple on his chin. It was just slight traits which made me smile.

I noticed that he was almost done with the bottle a few minutes later. "How about I give you to Mama Allysus and she takes care of you for the rest of the night."

I pulled the empty bottle away from him to hear a slight hiccup escape the back of his throat.

I got up and walked to the theatre room. Ally was almost asleep, but I tapped her stomach to wake her up.

"Mom." I whined.

"Go away, Y/N." She turned over.

"Mom, watch Nicky. I just fed him." I was almost to the point of begging. I needed to go to my wife upstairs before she fell asleep.

"Did you just call him 'Nicky'?" Ally asked with an excited voice.

"N-no." I retorted. "Will you just take the kid?"

"Only if you say Nicky just one more time." Ally raised her eyebrow with a mischievous smirk.

I rolled my eyes at the smaller girl and in monotone I replied, "Mom, will you please take care of Nicky while I go fuck my wife?"

"Well, I don't like hearing about the last part." Ally smiled, recovering the child, "But I'll take him off of your hands."

I kissed her cheek, "Thanks, Ma." I hurried to sprint out of the theatre and run upstairs as fast as I could.

While in the hall, I stripped off my pants to turn a corner and ran into Lauren as my crew neck was about to be yanked off over my head.

"Oh God." Lauren exclaimed. "I didn't mean to interrupt anything." Her eyes trailed down my body curiously but back up, "I really just gotta get by." She ran passed me and hurried away.

I smiled. I'm glad she's respecting boundaries. Guess marriage means a lot more than it did before.

I turned the handle on the bedroom door and walked in to hear a shower in the bathroom. I walked over and knocked on the door, "Mila, I'm sorry I'm late."

"Come in." She was pulling her pants down off of her body, "I need to take a shower. Wanna join?" She was completely serious but she wriggled her eyebrows like a dork.