twenty-eight

"Babe, just calm down. He's going to be very discreet about all of this." Camila patted my nervously tapping leg.

"That's not what I'm worried about. I just hate doctors. You wonder why I didn't like the hospital, it's cause they're all sketchy." I told her honestly.

Camila grabbed my hand interlocked our fingers. Before she could say anything, the doctor walked in with nice black dress pants, a blue colored shirt, and long black tie. He looked pretty young and quite handsome. I don't see why he'd be working at a sperm bank.

He extended his huge hand to Camila and I as he introduced himself with a friendly voice, "Hello, you two. I'm Dr. Geller."

"Like Ross." I smirked and Camila nudged me to act professional.

Dr. Geller smirked, "Yeah, like Ross. I actually haven't heard that one in a while." He sat down in his big leather chair to open a file and skim through it. "Now, which one of you would want to have the courtesy of carrying the baby that way we could do some tests to know that you're perfectly healthy before the insemination."

Camila smiled, "I will."

Geller scribbled some words onto a paper and began asking more questions which I basically just blanked out on because most of them were for Camila.

I think I was starting to psych myself out about this whole plan. What teenager wouldn't? This is crazy. I'm not going to pretend like it's not.

A baby? I really wanted a puppy, to be honest. It's easier to clean up after and they don't talk so they can't tell on me.

Kids are sticky and ask too many questions. Why anyone would want them is besides me.

"And this will be around $300-$500 for each attempt. That's not counting the fertility treatments which will be around $300-$1000 each time as well." Dr. Geller caught my attention with the money talk.

"What the hell? It costs more to have someone born than someone killed." I exclaimed.

Camila nudged me, "Stop."

I smirked sweetly at Dr. Geller, "Can I please have a moment with my wife?"

He smiled back with a perfect row of bright white teeth, "Of course. I'll be right back with the paper work."

Geller walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. As soon as it was shut, Camila turned herself to me, "What's the issue? You know we both have the money to do this."

I shook my head, "Listen, I'm thinking about the long hall. You want this kid to go to college, have nice clothes, get to do what he or she wants, right?" She nodded. "That's gonna be a lot of money already. I'm barely on my second movie and you're barely on your second album. We aren't terribly financially stable at the moment."

Camila scooted closer and grabbed my hands, "Listen, money doesn't make anyone happy. Sure, I'd love to have money to travel the world with you and this kid. Maybe even be able to get them the finer things in life that we never had as kids but this kid will have so much love not only from you and I but from four other girls, my mom and dad, and your uncle."

"But-"

"No." Camila protested. "You know I'm right, don't you?" I agreed reluctantly and she smiled, "All I need to know is you're gonna be here with me and this kid. That's all I'm asking. I don't wanna do this on my own."

"I'll be here."

She kissed my lips and scooted back in her chair as Geller walked in to sit back at his desk.

Camila smirked up at the doctor, "So, where do we sign?"

--

The girls were in the house but I split apart from them so I could go upstairs and take my 'medication'. Except they don't know about that, still.