twenty-two

My head was pounding from the night before. Dinah didn't last long but Lauren and I played games, listened to music, and drank until we passed out.

I woke up on the kitchen counter and I think Lauren was passed out on the balcony. I'm not sure.

I had a pair of dark raybans cemented over my eyes to try and keep the sun from making my hangover even worse.

When we got out at the studio, I started to not feel so good.

"Fuck." I groaned running to an alley beside the studio and began puking like crazy. All of the drinks and food from last night were coming up.

Someone grabbed my hair and put it up in a pony tail and rubbing my back while I started wrenching up horribly.

"Hangover killing you too?" Lauren said above me.

I straightened up and grabbed a piece of gum that she held out for me to slip it in my mouth. I glared at her through my tinted glasses, "What do you think?"

I entered the studio to walk passed the annoying receptionist and head to our booth. When I opened the door, I noticed everyone was just chilling on the couches and sitting beside the sound board next to my producer Max Martin. He also produces some of the Weeknd's work and wanted to work with me.

I hugged Ally and Max to see Camila glaring over at me from beside Scooter on one of the couches.

I do a little handshake with Scooter before trying to give Camila a kiss but she turned her head so I'd have to kiss her cheek in defeat.

"So, let's get started." Max smiled. "Do you have sound in mind or do you just wanna go for it?"

"You have like a piano or something that I can just fuck around on?" I asked.

"Since when do you play the piano?" Normani smiled while scooting close to Dinah Jane.

I shrug, "You don't need to know my whole life story, Mans."

Max pointed to a keyboard over in the corner and I sat down instantly looking at the ivory keys.

The girls don't know I'm pretty good with instruments. Well, I kinda suck at the guitar but I'm a wiz kid at the piano. After sports ended for me when my parents pulled me out for kissing Summer, Mikey decided to find me a new hobby so I wouldn't use a different alternative to get my pain out.

He had a huge grand piano in his old house and he used to teach me classical songs as well as modern day music. Eventually I learned to play by ear and then start to mess around with my own sound. Let's just say I'm good with my fingers. Camila knows. Okay, I'll move on.

I pressed the on button and kept it at its normal setting. My fingers pressed to the plastic keys and a melodic sound encompassed the room. I left my own mindset and just made something up as I went along. I wasn't paying attention to anyone or anything except the sound from the keyboard.

So, when I looked up and saw everyone's eyes wide, I felt a little self conscience. "What? Was it bad?" I asked like a sad little kitten.

"Not at all." Max said surprised. "You got a beat in mind?"

I shrugged, "Is there a way to make a beat like drums or something?"

"We learning more and more about you, girl." Dinah smirked.

I laughed and nodded, "I've always got a few tricks up my sleeve."

Max got up and waved all of us over, "Let's go record a back track with some drums if you think you can do it. While we're there we can just record a few instrumentals."

Scooter agreed and followed us along with the rest of the girls.

--

We spent almost 6 tiring hours in the studio. I mean, we mostly got caught of guard and started just messing around but we finally got two possible songs done before we were let off to go eat.

Camila still wouldn't talk to me throughout the whole session. I don't see why she's so upset. Why is she freaking out so bad over me getting drunk?

Someone squeezed my sides from behind which scared me enough to make me jump and scream.

I turned around to see a laughing Normani, "Damn, baby girl. You get scared easily."

"Well, I never expect people to just shove their hands in my sides." I retorted.

"Where do you wanna go eat, mija?" Ally asked with a smile, snaking her arm around my waist to pull me into a protective hold.

"I'm not hungry but I'm down to go wherever you girls want to."

"Why aren't you hungry?" Ally frowned.

"'Cause she got fucked up last night and now her hang over is killing her." Camila responded walking passed us.

"So, that's the first thing I get to hear you say. Wow. Unbelievable. I just wanted to drink and smoke. What's the big deal?" I made my way closer to her on the paved street.

She turned around and scowled at me, "The big deal is I wanted you to stay with me and you wanted to get fucked up. Stop being a kid and do an adult thing for once in your life."

"Camila, do you hear yourself? We are kids. Being 18 doesn't make me any more of an adult than it makes John Wayne Gacy a lovable clown." She looked down at the ground and I grabbed her hands to pull her lower torso into mine.

"We'll meet you at that burger place over there." Ally told us and the girls walked away from Camila's and my embrace.

I nudged Camila's face to look up at me, "Listen, we aren't those stupid kids growing up in a tour bus together. We are two eighteen year old spouses who still need to have a little fun even though our careers tell us otherwise. We need to be stupid teenagers who get drunk and high with their friends. Or if that's not cool we can sit at home and watch Netflix and binge food until we can't breathe. We shouldn't have had to explain our reasoning for marrying each other to your family. They're adults who can figure it out for themselves." I paused from my rant to think. "You love me right?"

Camila nodded and gave me those sad brown eyes.

"Then stop getting mad at me over every little thing. If you do, then our life together will be full of nothing but fighting and to be honest, I don't want our marriage to be full of rainy days."

"I'm sorry." Camila responded with a soft voice.

I nodded, "It's fine." I pressed my lips to hers for a moment then pulled away, "Now, let's go finish this week in Miami and figure out where to go from there. Okay?"

She nodded in shame and took my hand as we walked to meet up with the girls at the restaurant.

+

a/n:

tbh, y'all scare the shit outta me. lol but I love your comments.

fun fact: the first chapter of our little secret was just a one shot. -agf