forty-three

"Baby, please don't say that." Her voice shook rapidly.

"I'm sorry to you and the girls for hurting you all these past few years." I told her quietly before getting another swig of the stinging drink.

"You've never hurt us." I could hear her put me on speaker phone and she continued talking to me, "But you will if you go through with this."

"You weren't supposed to find out about this. You shouldn't have called, Camila." I told her softly.

"I'm glad I did." Camila responded.

Just as Camila said that, Mike's old pick up drove up quickly behind me. He hopped out and ran to pull me away from the side of the overpass.

He pulled me into a big hug and began sobbing on my shoulder. I stayed limp in his grasp as he kept his hold on me.

"Never scare me like that again." He ordered but his words were muffled through my shoulder. Mike pulled away to straighten up and wiped the tears from his eyes, "Now get in that damn seat by Nicky and don't even think about trying to leave."

I noticed I dropped my phone so when I went back to the side to pick it up and he yelled out at me, "Get in the fucking truck right now. I'll get your phone."

I've awakened a monster.

--

Mike sent me to my room when we got home like I was a child.

I didn't want to fight tonight anyways. I had done enough damage and being drunk was not helping me at all.

I had puked all night before I finally fell asleep on my bedroom floor. I was so sick that I couldn't even make it into bed.

The next day, I woke up with a pounding headache. Something that made me want to just find a deep dark burrow. It wasn't until a few minutes into the seering pain that I remembered what happened last night. The mistakes.

Fuck. I should've just thrown the phone and jumped off when I had the chance. Now they'll be on my ass about all of this.

I tried to sit up but there was a weight on top of my chest. I looked down to see Camila resting on top of me. Her arms were latched around my body. I'm guessing she's the one that placed me in bed.

I did my best to not shift too much but it was too late. I had woke Camila up. She slowly turned her head towards me and frowned. "Morning."

"Um, morning." I was very confused. "When did-how..."

"We flew down." Her voice rasped.

"We?"

"The six of us."

"You don't mean..."

"Yeah, Demi is here." Mila nodded sitting up on the king sized bed. She scratched her arm nervously and looked down at me. I could see that dark purple bruise peek out through the make up she was wearing to cover it up, "So, you were gonna do it, huh? Like if I hadn't have called."

"No, I was just playing." I sarscastically spewed at her. I automatically felt bad, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."

"I know. That's what you do when something gets to be too real. I'm used to it by now." Camila looked down and saw my arms, "Well, at least there's no new wounds. That's good."

"Why aren't you yelling at me? This feels weird." I told her honestly. It's not like I wanted her to yell at me but it doesn't seem normal that she's so calm.

"Tell me one time when yelling helped either of us. Every time we fight, you go hurt yourself or I cry. I'm just as tired of it as you are." Camila responded sadly. We were both quiet for a few moments until she decided to speak up, "Will saw the damage that Emilia did to Lauren and I."