twenty-nine

The door swung open hitting the wall behind it, "WHAT. THE. HELL.?"

I pulled my head up from the pillow to see an angry Mila. "Did anyone ever tell you that you look so beautiful when you're angry?"

"Don't do that!" She exclaimed with her voice raspily breaking as her emotions rose, "You've been taking pills again?! When were you going to tell me?! Does the word 'wife' mean anything to you?! I guess it doesn't because ever since we got back to LA, all I've been doing is getting surprised by you and not in a good way!"

I got up from the bed but almost fell down because of the effects of the pills. This got her even more mad, "You can barely even stand up? What's happened to you?"

I don't know. What's happened to me? Well, we can write out a list.

• cheated on
• drugged
• my ribs were broken
• kidnapped by my parents
• attempted suicide
• abused
• raped
• cheated on (again)
• and used

Maybe I'm just making excuses at this point for my fucked up life, but I don't care. Those things don't just go away. You can't just suddenly forget about all of that. Sure, I've forgiven Jess for drugging me, Shawn for fucking up my side, and I've forgiven Mila 1,001 times for fucking me over for some assholes. But what takes the cake is people making me feel selfish for hurting.

I've never been an emotional person. Suppressing these emotions with drinking and drugs helps me. I don't like to feel weak.

"Hello?" Camila snapped her fingers in front of me. I came back out of my thoughts to see her with her hands on her hips. "You're way too fucked up but I want you to tell me something."

"What?" I mumbled.

"Who's giving you those pills?" Camila requested an answer that I was not going to give her.

"It doesn't matter."

"Is Mikey paying for these?" Her eyes widened.

She knows he's the only person I won't call out.

I shook my head unbelievably, "N-no. Mila. Calm down. Yo-ure making this a bigger deal than it needs to be."

"Fuck that. I need to make some calls." Camila started to walk away.

"To who?"

"You'll see when they get here." Camila responded coldly, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

--

I was alone with my thoughts for what seems like a while now. And these pills make me think a lot more than I should. Which isn't always good.

I began to feel the high come down and my body start to crash into an intense sleep.

I could barely keep my eyes opened anymore. They quickly slammed shut and I was pushed into a dream daze.

"Wake up, babe." I heard a soft, far away voice say. "Babe, I'm not playing. Wake up." It echoed through my brain and I wasn't able to respond fully. I felt soft taps on my face but nothing made me respond, "Oh fuck." The familiar voice exclaimed one more time before it left.

I was in the dark. No dreaming. Just black all around me. I've had multiple dreams like this but I'm usually able to wake up easily. This time it was a little bit harder.

"I'm sorry." Another voice softly said before I felt a harsh smack on my face causing me to jolt up and grab my cheek.

"Ow, what the fuck?" I groaned, seeing Lauren sitting in front of me with a smirk.