Shameless

Now that Lan Zhan had put some distance between him and the man he had loved for nearly two decades his mind clears up.
'I can finally think straight.' the tells himself.

'Are you sure you are capable of thinking straight?' his heart mockingly asks him.

Hanguang Jun takes a deep breath and quickens his steps. He needs to get pain killers and lots of food.
'Wei Ying sure has a mighty appetite.' he thinks fondly. He realizes then that he is actually smiling.

'Wei Ying is ok. Weak but not critical. He will be completely fine in no time. I will make sure of it.' he promises himself as he enters the market place.

The market thought small looks to be well stocked with appetizing eatables.
He approaches a shop selling soups and orders Lotus Ribs Soup.
'Wei Ying would love this.' he smiles again

The shop keeper looks at him funny.
"Young master?" he says

Lan Zhan "Mm? "

"Did you happen to run into undead corpses on your way?" the shopkeeper enquires.

"Mm."

"Are they on their way here? "

"No. Dead. "

"Did You kill them?"

"Mm" Lan Zhan says not wanting to say anything about how or who killed them.

The shopkeeper leaves his stall and bows to thank him.

"Even though they never set foot in the village or the market they were very bad for business. Thank you young master of helping us. If there is anything more you need just let me know."
He looks at the multiple wounds on Lan Zhan and continues "There is a medical doctor right in the alley if you would like,  I can take you there once I am done with your order. He is very good. "

"Mm." Lan Zhan nods.

After a few minutes the shopkeeper hands over the soup 'No charge' to Lan Zhan and they proceed to the doctor's shop.

They go inside.

When Lan Zhan comes back to the house he notices that everything is as he had left it. He doesn't feel the midwife's presence either.

'Wei Ying was tired. He must still be sleeping' he thinks to himself as he enters the house and closes the door behind him.
Even so he knocks on the door and keeping his eyes on the ground he opens the door just a bit.

"Lan Zhan, is that you?"

"Mm"

"What are you doing standing outside Lan Er. Gege, just come inside"

Lan Zhan walks inside carrying all the things he had acquired at the market. A few steps in he looks at his friend and he stops dead in his tracks. Wei Ying is sitting with one of his shoulders exposed... bare.

"Hanguang Jun... " he says not looking at Lan Zhan but at his shoulder blade. The same one Lan Zhan had left a bite mark on. "how did I get hurt here? It's an awkward place to get a bump and it's stinging. Come. Take a look."

Lan Zhan feels like his feet are stuck in the ground. He can't seem to move.

'I might as well come clean. I might lose him but at least my conscience will be clear.' he thinks and gets ready for the hate he is going to be subjected to soon.

"Sorry..I.. I.. " he starts, but is cut off.

"Lan Zhan, you got food? " Wei Ying says excitedly as he fixes his robes and walks over to his friend.