Special 2: Relentlessly Unreasonable

{Note :- Sub story arc part 2. Picks up when part 1 left off.}

*Cloud Reassess*
*16 years ago*

The cold spring had had little effect on Wangji. He was disappointed. It was the first time the Cold spring had not helped him... Of course, it had also been the first time he had come to the spring for a different reason...

'This is useless.' Wangji had thought stepping out of the spring.

He had stared walking towards his jingshin but the thought of The Boy had kept bothering him.

'I must see what he is up to.' Wangji had thought before going to check on the Jiang sect disciples.

'Where is he?... Others are here... But not him.' Wangji thought a little disappointed, before someone had called his name softly
"Second Master Lan?"

'Lady Yanli.' Wangji had recalled the girl's name before taking a few steps back.

"Master Lan, is there a problem?" She had asked bowing her head.

This girl... Lady...had been very different from the girls Wangji had usually come across. Where others made him uncomfortable this Lady had made him feel... calm... secure... Like he was home.

She had kept her distance. There
had been an undercurrent of worry on her lovely face. But, when she had approached Wangji her smile had been warm and her eyes had held questions.

"A Jie, who is it?" the boy, Jiang Cheng had asked, walking towards them.

The boy had looked at Wangji with irritation.
"Oh... Look who decided to pay us a visit." Jiang Cheng had said bowing first and then rolling his eyes.

'Proud and arrogant.' Wangji had thought.

"A Cheng...don't be like this. It was our fault for loosing the invite." The lady had spoken softly yet authoritatively.

Then she had looked at the silent Wangji and asked again, "Master Lan, what brings you here?"

'Wei Ying.' Wangji's mind had supplied unhelpfully.

Wangji had reprimanded himself before saying, "I am sorry for my earlier behavior. It's wrong for a lady to spend the night out in the open."
His eyes had wandered around the small camp then.

"Wei Ying left to find the invite." The lady had supplied and smiled knowingly.

"I was not looking for... " Wangji had trailed off and after a few seconds of uncomfortable silence he had added, "I will escort you all to Cloud Reassess."

"But Wei Ying is not back yet. He will get worried if he doesn't find us here." The Lady had said, her eyes full of concern.

"Senior sister, you know how he is... He will probably not even return tonight." The boy, Jiang Cheng had reassured her.

Before Wangji could stop himself, he had blurted out, "Why?"

'Damnit! Why did I ask that!?'

Wangji's ears had turned red and he had turned away from the crowd.
"I will escort you inside. Please follow me." Wangji had said before walking away.

*Inside Cloud Reassess*

"What a coincidence. We meet again." The Boy had said after smiling like the sun.

" The Boy had said after smiling like the sun