Precious

{Note :- The part in Cloud Reassess happens before ie. Early afternoon and things in cottage happen in late afternoon.
Also I will mark Mature content with A/N}

*The Cottage*
*Noon*

It's late noon when Lan Zhan is finally able to free himself from Wei Ying's octopus like grasp.
He prepares lunch and goes outside. Lan Zhan finds Wen Ning in deep thought.

Lan Zhan approaches the Ghost General.
"Wen Ning."
"Master Lan, is everything okay?" Wen Ning asks in a concerned tone.

"All is well... Wen Ning, we will be making our way back to Lotus Cove in some time. You can't follow us there." Lan Zhan instructs the Ghost General.

"Mn."

"Wen Ning." Wei Ying calls.
Both men turn to look at Wei Ying who has also come outside.
Lan Zhan frowns but a big smile appears on Wen Ning's face.

The ghost general bows to his master and gives him a once over.
"Master Wei is looking much better."

"Yes, I am feeling better. Thank you for helping us in the cave." Wei Ying pauses and adds, "Wen Ning, I need you to keep an eye on the cave. I have a feeling that there is more to it than meets the eye."

Lan Zhan interrupts, "Wei Ying, what do you mean?"

"Lan Zhan, remember the old man said that they had heard a flute sound before they faced the undead corpses situation?" Wei Ying refreshes Lan Zhan's memory.

"Mn."

"I have been thinking about that....amm...who could do that?...Whosoever it was it goes without saying they have something to do with the things in the cave as well as the undead corpses....and... maybe also the demon at Lotus Cove...of course it's all speculation at the moment." Wei Ying finishes explaining.

"Mn....what do you want to do about that?" Lan Zhan asks.

"I was thinking, if Wen Ning could keep an eye on the cave, in case anyone came to check on it we would be able to get more clues." Wei Ying says and walks over to Wen Ning.

"The only problem is that he can't come to Lotus Cove to inform us even if he has anything to tell us... Ammm....Lan Zhan do you remember, once you bonded our minds." Wei Ying asks...a small sad smile plays on his lips for a second before disappearing.
'Happier times' Wei Ying's mind whispers.

"Mm."
"Can you link my mind with Wen Ning's?" Wei Ying enquires.

"No. Not possible. Too far." Lan Zhan informs... Wei Ying's face falls.

Lan Zhan has a weakness... he can't bare to see his husband sad. He give the problem a serious thought.

"Wei Ying, how about we take help from uncle and aunty?" Lan Zhan suggests.

"What do you mean?"

"I told you earlier that I sent them out." Lan Zhan pauses and continues,"Actually, I bought this house from them. They have moved near the market area where their daughter stays...If Wen Ning can let them know about the problem I am sure they can convey it to us."

"You bought this house?" Wei Ying asks his eyes going wide...like he can't believe it, he continues, "Why did you do that Lan Zhan?"

Lan Zhan gulps.
"Wen Ning could you excuse us for just a few minutes... Better yet, go to the cave and see what the situation is out there and then come back right away." Wei Ying orders the Ghost General, who clumsyly runs towards the cave.

*Cloud Reassess*
*Early Noon*

When Lan XiChen arrives at the Cloud Reassess he is immediately called to the meeting hall by a Junior member.
Lan XiChen accompanied by Meng Yao go to the meeting hall.