Secrets, Doubts and Desires

"Lan Zhan, that's cheating."

Lan Zhan smiles kissing Wei Ying's lower lip.
"Lan Zhan... There is something I need to...amm. " Wei Ying says hesitantly.

Lan Zhan's lips land on Wei Ying's mouth and the next words don't make it out.

Lan Zhan pushes Wei Ying into the bed without breaking the kiss.
The kisses are intimate yet innocent and full of yearning.

Wei Ying doesn't open his mouth. He doesn't want the kisses to loose their innocence, at least not yet.

Lan Zhan doesn't let the kisses get deeper or hungrier. He is slow and tender. Then he stops and opens his arms and Wei Ying rests his head on his husband's shoulder.

Lan Zhan's hand once again comes to rest on his husband's back and he pulls Wei Ying closer.

"I missed you. I was scared that something might happen to you.. that I won't be able to see you again." Lan Zhan finally says carassing Wei Ying's cheek and shoulder looking affectionately at the man in his arms.

"Why did you think that you Fuddy Duddy? You know I am a handful even without my core, but now, thanks to you, I have a core. Not just anyone can take me away from you." Wei Ying says tracing Lan Zhan's lips with his fingers.

"You can choose to leave me Wei..." Lan Zhan starts but Wei Ying closes his mouth with a finger on his lips.

"Lan Zhan, I'd rather die than leave you. Haven't you understood that by now?" Wei Ying places a fleeting kiss on Lan Zhan's shoulder before continuing, "This soul and this body have come to be dependent on you."

When Wei Ying looks back at Lan Zhan, there are tears in his eyes.

"Lan Zhan...what is it?" Wei Ying asks embracing the older man.
'His heart is pounding so hard... Why?' Wei Ying doesn't understand.

"Wei Ying... there are things I regret.. I.. have done things... " Lan Zhan starts to say but once again Wei Ying stops him with a finger on his mouth.

"If it's in the past let it stay buried. Lan Zhan there are things I need you to tell me... Things I want to know. To me only those things matter. Do you understand?"

"Mn."

Wei Ying doesn't speak for a few seconds. He is in deep thought, then something else comes to him.
"Lan Zhan, when we bound Jiang Cheng to Lan clan, you said that the message system works for those who are born and those who are Wed in the clan, but then how is it that it's still a secret?"

"So you noticed it." Lan Zhan smiles.
"I did not tell the complete truth at the time, Wei Ying. For that method to work, the bond between the people has to be very strong. There should be loyalty, trust and love for it to work... Both ways."

"Mn?" Wei Ying is a little confused.

"Wei Ying, when we bonded Jiang Cheng with the Lan Clan it proved that what he felt for you was pure. That there was no hate. That he had forgiven you, that he trusted and loved you.... But there is more... For the bond to form so effortlessly Jiang Cheng has to feel deeply for our Clan too and there should be acceptance from our Clan too."

"What do you mean by Clan exactly?"

"A personal connection with born member of the clan."

"That is interesting... Jiang Cheng has never liked you Lan Zhan... Hehe." Wei Ying smiles mischievously.

"I think Jiang Cheng has someone." Lan Zhan informs his husband.

"Lan Zhan, Jiang Cheng is many things but he is not a romantic sort of person... he doesn't even have a cool personality like me. Who will be able to take all that attitude and still be with him? By the way, why do you think he has someone?"