Shattered Calm

Nie Huaisang looks around the temple and takes out a parchment paper from the front of his robes. "It's too dark for what needs to be done." He states calmly and throws it over his head.

The parchment hovers over his head for a few seconds before bursting into tiny sparks and moving to the extinguished candles, lighting it one by one.

Meanwhile, Jiang Cheng looks at his friend's confident actions with a sense of wonder. His mind tells him that there is more to it than meets the eye, for the usually cowardly clan leader Nie, did not look even a little frazzled by the happenings around him.

"Brother Nie, " Jiang Cheng starts again, but immediately falls silent when he sees Huaisang walk calmly towards the eye of the storm, that is Lan XiChen possessed by Nie Mingjue's spirit.

'What is he trying to do?' Jiang Cheng wonders, following Huaisang.

"Brother, " Nie Huaisang calls his elder brother in a clear confident voice, making the furious spirit look at him.

Lan XiChen's eyes soften as soon as they fall upon the young man, "You are here."

"Yes brother, I am here, and I am going to help you find what you are looking for," Huaisang states and holds up the mirror in front of him. "Come closer, Brother, and look." The young man suggests.

Lan XiChen walks closer and looks at the reflection. "YOU! " He bellows pointing his finger at the reflection.

"Yes brother, you are occupying Zewu Jun's body." Huaisang smiles and looks over his shoulder, "He joined hands with chief cultivator Jin and was responsible for your death." Huaisang elaborates.

"Brother Nie! What the fuck are you doing!? Your words are serving to infuriate your brother further!" Jiang Cheng exclaims, snatching the mirror from Huaisang and flinging it away. The mirror hits the floor and breaks into pieces, but the damage is done. 

 Lan XiChen's eyes turn red and he holds out his hand once again, summoning his saber. "If not Meng Yao, XiChen, you will have to do." He states.

 "Stop this. Make your brother stop! I beg of you!" Jiang Cheng exclaims, shaking Huaisang, who keeps looking over his shoulder. 

 The ground starts to shake, as dark energy from all sides starts getting pulled towards Lan XiChen's outstretched hand. 

 In the meanwhile, Lan Zhan staggers towards his brother; his white robes stained with his husband's blood. "Clan leader Nie, please don't. Brother didn't know he was helping Meng Yao." The light bearer tries to reason, his voice weak and low. 

 Lan XiChen looks over his shoulder and shakes his head as the saber made of powerful dark energy, finishes taking shape in his hand. He chuckles humorlessly and flings the sword over his head. He opens his arms as if welcoming the saber to take his life and then commands, "NOW!

 The temple rings with the cries of three cultivators, as Jiang Cheng and Lan Zhan scream "Nooooooooooo!" and lung towards XiChen. But both of them know that they won't make it in time to stop the blade from piercing the older Jade's heart. 

 As the saber draws blood, the ground rocks again, and the temple is once again plunged into darkness. Not even the faint glow of Bitchen remains. 

 In the silent darkness, Lan Zhan whispers, "Brother?" fearing the worse, and Jiang Cheng tries to stand up and summons Sando, 'What's the point now though?' the young clan leader thinks dejectedly as once again silence falls over them. 

 Then someone calls, "A Yao?"

 It's Lan XiChen's voice. It's strong and clear. He sounds like himself.