Cooperation and Interruption

After Su She has confessed his crimes and his involvement in the elaborate scheme planned and executed by Meng Yao, the disciples are rendered speechless. But it's Jin Ling who looks most affected. 

 After Su She has confessed, the young future clan leader grabs his collar, "Are you telling me that uncle wanted father dead... That.. that, uncle had his own brother killed just to become the next clan leader?"

Su She for the first time since his capture, actually looks guilty, "Clan leader Jin deserves to be the chief cultivator... He has nothing against you Jin Ling, he has never once harmed you."

"Harmed me!?" Jin Ling fumes, "He took my father from me!"

Jin Ling suddenly stands and unsheathes his sword, "You don't deserve to live, and neither does he." The young boy bites out between his sobs.

"Stop, Jin Ling." Wei Ying commands. He holds the young boy's wrist and pulls him away from Su She.

"Don't taint your hands with his blood, Jin Ling. Shijie would not have wanted that." Wei Ying reminds.

"But Uncle Wei, he killed father." Jin Ling sobs, burying his face in his uncle's neck.

Wei Ying takes a deep breath and returns the hug, "Jin Ling, he will get what he deserves, I promise. He was responsible for the misfortunes that befell my Shijie, trust me, he will be judged for his sins." Wei Ying's words are meant to comfort the young boy, but shivers run down Su She's spine.

The men step away from each other and Jin Ling looks at Wen Ning, "Ghost General, " He mutters, with his eyes lowered, he walks over to Wen Ning and bows, "For all the times I have wanted to harm you and have harmed you, I am sorry." The young boy apologizes.

"It's alright. I never blamed you, young master. Your mother was a kind and benevolent woman. She showed me kindness when others did not, and if I can help you keep safe, I would feel obliged." Wen Ning replies with a small awkward smile on his face.

Meanwhile, Lan Zhan once again places the silencing charm on Su She and after a few moments of awkwardness the motley group of cultivators start making their way towards the cave.

Lan Zhan and Wei Ying decide that the best way for them to go undetected would be if the three split up. Wen Ning, Lan Zhan, and Wei Ying are all aware of the cave's location. Wei Ying suggests to split the disciples among themselves and take different routes to which Lan Zhan doesn't agree.

"I am not letting you out of my sight, Wei Ying." The light bearer announces resolutely when Wei Ying tries to argue.

Wei Ying's protests get cut short when Lan Zhan purses his lips and starts instructing the disciples on how to conduct themselves on their way to the cave.

"We will go off-road. I don't want anyone to complain. No running. No bickering." Lan Zhan starts to instruct. SiZhui is the only one looking at Lan Zhan and nodding excitedly.

The rest, however, start getting the feeling like they have entered cloud reassess with its 3000 rules.

Luckily, Wei Ying puts a hand on his husband's shoulder, "Lan Zhan, they know what's at stake here. I am sure everyone will cooperate wholeheartedly." Wei Ying smiles and Lan Zhan's lips twitch. He nods and starts leading the way.

One of the disciples' suggests, "If we ride our swords, we can reach earlier."

"We can't. Any use of our spiritual energy may expose us to the chief cultivator, and alert him that we have been rescued. We don't know if he has more spies in the area." SiZhui answers. Everyone misses the proud smile on Lan Zhan's face... everyone, except Wei Ying.