You don't Deserve Me!

"Not today, Meng Yao." A strong confident voice makes the chief cultivator turn around. His eyes narrow and then widen, as two figures approach the group.

"Yiling patriarch!" Meng Yao exclaims shaking his head in disbelief. "You were supposed to be dead." He adds, his voice laced with hate.

"Is that so?" Wei Ying smiles mischievously and looks at the clan leaders who are staring at him as if they had seen the devil himself. Jiang Cheng and Zewu Jun are the only ones who are not surprised. "I thought I had kidnapped the future clan leaders and was planning world domination a second time around." He snorts.

Meng Yao turns to look at the clan leaders and orders, "What are you all waiting for!? Kill him before he kills you." When his words fail to get the desired reaction, Meng Yao looks at Jiang Cheng, "He has Jin Ling. Maybe he has killed him already. What are you doing just standing there!?" The chief cultivator growls.

Jiang Cheng shakes his head and grabs Meng Yao's collar, "You admitted just a little while back that you have the kids. So if that's true, then how can he have them unless you are working together?"

Meng Yao struggles and frees himself from Jiang Cheng's grasp. His breaths become ragged, "Fine, " He admits, "You are right, I kidnapped them. And now they are at my mercy. I also have the Ying iron at my disposal. And if I don't get what I want, I will make sure none of you survives." He barks.

Once again murmurs break out among the clan leaders, but this time they are scared, hesitant, and hurried.

"Chief cultivator, " Lan XiChen calls, dragging Meng Yao's attention towards his second brother, "Don't you have enough? Haven't you done enough? You have lied to me, you framed an innocent man, you even killed your sworn brother." The older Jade of Lan speaks in a defeated tone. He looks like a man who had lost something precious.

Meng Yao's features soften and he lops towards Zewu Jun, "Er ge, please don't look at me like that. In all these years, I have never once hurt you, and I never will. I don't care what they say as long as you stand by me, Er ge." The evil man begs and cups Zewu Jun's face.

The older Lan recoils from the touch and shrugs the hand away, "Don't. You say that you didn't harm me!? I almost lost my brother because of you!" The usually calm man says, grabbing Meng Yao's collar. "You are worse than the Wen's. At least they did what they did openly. At least they didn't break anyone's trust. At least they didn't kill their sworn brothers. Meng Yao, you don't deserve me." XiChen says, letting go of Meng Yao's collar and turning away.

Meng Yao closes his eyes and sighs. "I guess I am alone now." He mutters under his breath, and everyone leaves a breath they didn't know they were holding.

Wei Ying walks towards the clan leaders with Lan Zhan next to him and bows, "Your disciples and children are safe." He announces, and surprised gasps greet him.
The Yiling patriarch chuckles, "I hope, now I can live my life as I want, without being called names?" He asks lightheartedly.

The clan leader from earlier, Ming, nods and moves closer to Wei Ying, "Do you have our kids?" He asks hesitantly, but before Wei Ying can answer, Lan Zhan steps in front of Wei Ying and pulls him behind, "Wei Ying rescued all of them. They are waiting for you at a safe place." The light bearer pauses and looks over his shoulder once, before continuing, "He has never hurt innocent people. And neither in his past life, nor in this one, has he ever sought power or position," Lan Zhan looks at the rest of the group before continuing, "And I know that even after all of this, many of you will still doubt his words and find faults in his actions... "

"Lan Zhan.." Wei Ying whispers, holding his husband's wrists and shaking his head, adds. "It's okay. Don't bother." He requests, pulling the light bearer away.

Everyone is still in a state of shock at the recent revelations, so no one notices Meng Yao disappearing from the site.

Lan Zhan meets his brother, and the two have a heartwarming reunion.

"Are you happy now, Wangji?" Zewu Jun asks, his eyes soft and radiating warmth.

"Mn." Lan Zhan nods.

"I take it that you have opened your heart to him finally and told him how you feel." The older Jade states.

"Mn." Lan Zhan nods again.

Zewu Jun looks at Wei Ying, who has been side-eyeing the two Jades intermittently, "And I reckon that your feelings were accepted, and reciprocated?" He questions with a twinkle in his eyes.

A shy barely-there smile graces the light bearer's face, and tips of his ears turn pink, "Mn." He replies, breaking eye contact, "We are together." He informs.

Lan XiChen nods understandingly, "Wangji, I was wrong to doubt Master Wei, I hope you can forgive me."

"Mn."

XiChen squeezes his brother's shoulder, "Are you planning to bring him back to Gusu?" The older Lan asks, reading his younger brother's mind.

"Mn...What!?" Lan Zhan's head snaps up to look at his brother. "How did... " He starts, but XiChen interjects, "That's what you have always wanted, isn't it? When you asked me that there was someone who you wanted to bring back to Gusu, I knew who you were talking about, " Zewu Jun takes a deep breath, "Wangji, I will talk to uncle, I will make sure that you never lose your smile again." The gentle Lan promises.

"Brother!" Lan Zhan exclaims, and the brothers embrace each other.

"Where is Su She?" Someone yells, dragging everyone's attention towards where the injured clan leader had been left.

"Meng Yao is missing too." Wei Ying observes.

"Wei Ying quick, take out Chenqing!" Lan Zhan orders, but before Wei Ying can comply, an eerie tune fills the air, and everyone except Zewu Jun, Lan Zhan, and Wei Ying, fall to their knees.

"Jiang Cheng, look out!" Zewu Jun yells, as red smoke starts filling the air.
In the nick of time, Jiang Cheng rolls away, unsheathes Sando, and starts slashing at the red smoke, "Wei Ying, it's not working!" Jiang Cheng informs urgently, and a second later dark blue rays attack the red smoke.

'What is happening!?'  XiChen wonders, as Lan Zhan removes his Zither and starts playing inquiry, while Bichen and Subian whirl around sending dark blue rays towards the red smoke.

XiChen's eyes widen when he realizes that it's not Wangji, but Wei Ying who is controlling Bichen and playing Chenqing all at once.

Black smoke starts surrounding the Yiling patriarch, and his eyes turn red. He changes the tune, and a sharp screech vibrates through the early morning air.

A second later, Su She is pulled out from where he had hidden, and lies down thrashing at Wei Ying's feet. Wei Ying stops playing Chenqing and announces in a loud voice. "Su She never betrayed you, Meng Yao. Yet, you did not even give him a chance to explain himself. He is directly responsible for my Brother in law's death, so it's only fair for me to kill him."

When the menacing flute music continues, Wei Ying removes a talisman and throws it at Su She. Su She lets out a blood-curdling scream and continues to thrash around, "Stop it! Just stop it. I beg you!"

Meanwhile, all the clan leaders start fighting with the undead corpses that had started attacking them from all sides.
The strangest thing though, is that neither the corpses, nor the red smoke attacks the older Lan who was trying his best to save his acquaintances and friends.

A few seconds later, abruptly, the menacing music stops, and a sword flies through the air aiming directly at Wei Ying's back.

Lan Zhan, whose back is turned away from Wei Ying, misses it, and so does almost everyone else.

{Note :- That's it for this update. Hope it was to your liking.

I hope you have read the previous 'announcements' chapter. If not, please do so, it has somethings I would like you all to know.

If you come across any errors, please feel to point them out to me.

Please Vote to show your support for this update if you have enjoyed it.

Thank you for reading.
Have a nice day.}