What did you do!?

As the evening draws closer the men start their journey back to Lotus Cove. They visit the Midwife at her daughter's place before continuing towards their destination with a heavy heart. Wen Ning doesn't follow them.

If only they could delay going to Lotus Cove, they would... but they are pressed for time.
Wei Ying holds Lan Zhan's hand the entire time till they reach the market.
He let's go then.
Wei Ying knows being a cut-sleeve is still not something that is accepted by people. People who have such tendencies are looked down upon... some think that it's a curse that can be lifted off or a disease that can be cured. No. This was not the time to make the world know that his heart held, only one man.
They cross the market and Wei Ying's eyes linger on the boats tied to the docks. He smiles, "Lan Zhan, we still have to return the boat I borrowed a few days back."

"Mn."

"Let's return it before we leave Yunmeng Ok?"

"Mn."

"Lan Zhan, why do you carry Subian with you? I told you that I can't really use it to win against any cultivator." Wei Ying says sincerely...his eyes are sad.

"It's yours. That makes it important to me." Lan Zhan answers simply.

"Fuck!" Wei Ying says stopping in his tracks and adds, "How the fuck do you manage to say such sweet things like... like this!"

Wei Ying looks around. They have just left the market. He spots a quiet nook between two establishments and pulls Lan Zhan with him.
"Wei Ying, that is not the right way to..." Lan Zhan says while being pulled by Wei Ying forcefully...but before he can complete his objection his is backed up against a wall and Wei Ying's lips land on him and start peppering his face with child like innocent kisses.
Wei Ying's hands come up to cup the older man's face and he pauses, "Hanguang Jun... what are you doing?" Wei Ying asks against the older man's lips.
He doesn't wait for the older man to answer and starts kissing him again. He breaks the kiss again, "Hanguang Jun... answer me!"

Lan Zhan is at a loss for words. He needs to know what he did. He starts, "Wei... "
Nope. That was not something he should have done. Because that made him open his mouth and gave Wei Ying's tongue a chance to slide in.
Lan Zhan gasps as the kiss loses it's innocence and turns sinful. Lan Zhan looses himself in the kiss so much so that he forgets where they are. Out of habit now...his hands find their way to Wei Ying's hips... he pulls the younger man closer.
The play of tongues leads to the sway of hips creating friction and both men gasp.

There is a sound nearby and Lan Zhan reverses their positions...hiding the younger man with his body.
"Excuse me Young Master... are you alright?" A young woman's voice floats towards them.
Lan Zhan breaks the kiss, "Fine.. I am fine. Thank you." he says without turning his head.
"Ok then young master. We are leaving first." the voice floats towards them again and then they hear footsteps walking away.
Lan Zhan sighs.
"Hanguang Jun... Did you just protecting my virtue? " Wei Ying smiles and adds, "Don't say sweet things to me so casually... it does things to my heart....and then my body reacts to it... You almost had us get caught you Fuddy Duddy!" Wei Ying says in mock anger and smiles again.

They regain there composure, walk out and start towards Lotus Cove again.

On arriving at Lotus Cove, they are greeted by a familiar face. It's the same older boy they had seen before they had left for the cottage. They bow to each other.
"Where is Aunty Yenay?" Wei Ying enquires.
"Senior, I will escort you to her." The young boy says and leads them to Yenay's quarters.

Yenay is sitting at the table doing what looks like the accounts of the household. She looks up when there is a knock at her door.
"Young masters, you are back." She smiles.
"Yes aunty, I hope there were no further incidents here." Wei Ying enquires.
"No. I had informed everyone not to go to the eastern side and no one dared to do otherwise. So all was well." Yenay informs.
"Aunty, we are going there now. I am not going to put a silencing charm on the room since it's going to be dangerous and even though I will avoid calling for help...but, I may need to." Wei Ying says hesitantly.