It has to be me

*Lanling*

"Jin Ling why the fuck are you crying? That is not how a grown boy should behave!" Jian Cheng scolds the young boy sitting in front of him in a most irritated voice.

Jin Ling wipes his tears and says, "Sorry uncle... I... don't know why I am crying."

"Do you regret stabbing that fool?" Jiang Cheng asks.

"Yes.. No... I don't know how I feel." the boy says in between sobs.

"That stupid fucking half wit! What was he thinking walking into Lanling like that? Did he think he will be welcomed? ... After what he did... He should have stayed dead.!" Jiang Cheng says throwing the cup he was holding. The cup falls to the floor and shatters.
The young boy flinches and stops crying.

"He.. he saved me." the boy whispers.

"What did you say?" Jiang Cheng says still irritated.

"Senior Mo.. I mean Him... He saved me back at Dafan Mountain... And later when I got buried in the Nie sect tomb ...I think I got cursed there. When I freed Senior Mo from your captivity to repay his debt for saving me, he hit me and I feel unconscious. When I came to, I saw that the curse mark on my leg was gone." Jin Ling says slowly keeping his head down and adds, "And most recently he saved me and my friends at Yi City.... I had thought he was a good person...I had thought we could be friends."

Jiang Cheng doesn't say anything for a few minutes. He is in deep thought.

Then his face changes again and he scolds the boy again, "You are stupid if you think HE can ever be your friend. He doesn't know how to be a friend. He doesn't deserve to be called a friend....Now go fix yourself... And stop acting like a princess."

The boy nods and leaves the room.

'Wei Wuxian is the bane of my existence... That Fucking bastard....And then he goes and saves Jin Ling ...does he think he can fix everything by doing that... I hate him...' Jiang Cheng thinks to himself '....but you don't really hate him enough to want him dead right?' his brain adds.

'Well Fuck emotions... Who needs them' Jiang Cheng thinks making up his mind about certain things and gets up.

He hears a knock on the door.
"Who is it?" he shouts at the door.

Chu replies, "Clan leader, it's me. I have a message from Aunty Yenay."

"Come in."

Clan leader reads the message and writes a reply. He seals it and hands it over to Chu.

"Give this to Aunty Yenay only. And don't mention about coming to see me to anyone....Now leave." Jian Cheng says authoritatively.

Chu leaves with the letter.

Jiang Cheng stands in the room contemplating his next move and then leaves to go find Meng Yao.
For the first time in years, The Angry Lotus.... smiles.

*Lotus Cove*

The first rays of the sun hit Wei Ying's face and he slowly opens his eyes. He doesn't want to wake up. He wants to go back to sleep again but his stomach grumbles...'I need food' , he thinks and slowly sits up on the bed.
He looks around only to be met with the sight of his friend meditating.
'So pure', Wei Ying's brain supplies.

He sees that Lan Zhan is still wearing his night cloths. They are red. They look beautiful on Lan Zhan.

He tiptoes towards Hanguang Jun and quietly sits in front of him. He wants to cherish these moments. He wants to memorize how Lan Zhan looks in red.
It's only been a few seconds when Lan Zhan opens his eyes and smiles sweetly at his friend.
"You're awake." he says.