A Good Man

Lan Zhan runs outside the room. He is still in his night cloths. He gets strange glances from the young boys and flirty glances from young girls who are taking a break from training.
Lan Zhan randomly stops a boy and asks about the whereabouts of Aunty Yenay.

The boy willingly takes him to her.
Yenay is guiding the house help in the kitchen.

The boy asks Lan Zhan to wait outside and goes inside to fetch Aunty Yenay.

Within a few minutes she was rushing out towards Lan Zhan. Her surprise turns to worry when she looks at Lan Zhan face. He, who is known to be the most calm, composed and stable of  all cultivators, doesn't look the part.
The man in front of her looked like he saw a ghost. He looked pale.

"Master Lan, what's wrong?" She asks holding Lan Zhan's gaze.

Lan Zhan gets tongue tied for a moment so Yenay continues, "I came to your room sometime back to take the dishes and to check if you needed anything else. There was no response when I knocked so I presumed that you were not inside....but it looks like I was wrong. What happened?"

Lan Zhan remains quite. His face is a mix of guilt and embarrassment. He lowers his gaze.

"Hanguang Jun, I will not push for you to answer why you didn't open the door." She says giving Lan Zhan a knowing look and adds, " But if I am to help you, you need to tell me what has happened."

Lan Zhan doesn't know how to explain what's wrong so he just blurts out, "It's Wei Ying. There is something wrong with him.
He...he was fine this morning... he was happy. And then all of a sudden his feet gave way. He is finding it difficult to breathe..."

Yenay doesn't let him finish. She starts walking back to the kitchen and says,
"Master Lan, go back to your room right now and stay with him. I will be there in a few minutes."

"So you know what's wrong with him?" he asks.
"Yes Master Lan. Now go." Yenay says disappearing into the kitchen.

Lan Zhan runs back to their room.

When he arrives, Wei Ying is unconscious. He is drenched in sweat. Hi breathing is shallow.
Lan Zhan is scared to touch him. Wei Ying looks fragile... Like Lan Zhan's touch might break him.
Lan Zhan, not knowing what to do just stands next to the bed looking worriedly at the man he loves.

His mind goes blank. He doesn't know how long he stands and stares.
There is a knock on the door and Yenay enters.

She is holding a tray with some herb powder in a bowl and what looks like Lotus root and pork rib soup.
She sets it on the table and asks,
"Master Lan, can you tell me what happened before Master Wei started having these symptoms?"

Lan Zhan is at a loss for words. He awkwardly starts , "I.. We.. together..."
Fresh Sweatbeads form on his forehead and he looks down... unable to continue.

"That's ok. Just answer in yes or no then." she says calmly.

Lan Zhan nods.

"I take it that you and Master Wei are close. Yes?" she asks... interrogates.

Lan Zhan nods.

"Recently... have you become closer?"
She continues interrogating him.

Lan Zhan nods.

"Master Lan, I need you to think very carefully and answer my next question ok."

"Mn."

"Master Lan, does Master Wei Love you?" she asks.
Lan Zhan feels as if he has been caught doing inappropriate things by his Uncle.
After a few seconds he answers, "I don't know if he loves me. But I love him and have vowed to take care of him in my lifetime so if there is anything that can make him better I will do it. So Madam ...please tell me what I have to do."