Admission and Suspicion

Lan Zhan takes Wei Ying's hand in his, "It was the night we captured Xue Yang. Do you remember it? Do you remember our stay at the inn?"

 Wei Ying shakes his head. "Lan Zhan, my memory has never been good since I was a child, and I had forgotten about this as well, but strangely, when you left me in the in-between realm, I dreamt about it."

Lan Zhan's brows crease, "Why that incident?"

"I did something that I needed to face, I guess. Anyway, what about it?"

"Oh." Lan Zhan lowers his eyes, "That time, " Lan Zhan hesitates, "that time I... we. The rumor about the cultivators, do you remember it?"

"Yes."

"That was us. The young girl was talking about us. That day, when I went... "

"Wait." Wei Ying interrupts, "How do you know that she was talking about us?"

"I... I remember."

"That's not possible. You said you hadn't heard about the rumor!"

"I had lied back then." Lan Zhan confesses, tips of his ears turn red.

"So what if you remember? You were not responsible for what happened there. You didn't know that the pool could affect your thoughts and actions."

Lan Zhan's eyes narrow, "The enchantment never worked on me completely. It just made me overcome my inhibitions. It was because of the headband." He elaborates before adding, "When you entered, you got affected immediately, and we... I... "

"I pushed myself closer to you and kissed you till you relented and kissed me back. My hands roamed over your body as your lips moved over mine. I don't know how and when you got rid of my clothes, but then you touched me." Wei Ying finishes. 

Lan Zhan's eyes widen, "But you... You remember!?"

"I never lost consciousness. I was pretending. I was embarrassed and feared that you would distance yourself from me. Your friendship was precious to me. So I acted like that. The man had said that it made you do things against your nature. But all I felt was happiness. It felt like even if I were to kiss you, touch you, it would be alright."

"You only lost your inhibitions." Lan Zhan observes.

"I guess you could say that. Then when you were dressing yourself- I erased that incident from my mind. Lan Zhan, it was you who applied the paste, dressed me up and tucked me in bed that night, and the one who had kept the bowl to wipe myself in the morning. Am I right?"

Lan Zhan's ears turn scarlet. He nods without looking at Wei Ying, "Mn. I hurt you. I had vowed to protect you, but I hurt you again." He replies dejectedly.

"That time, it was desire in your eyes, wasn't it. My words, they were turning you on, weren't they? Lan Zhan, I was stupid. I thought you hated me and my guts. I read your eyes wrong."

"But I hurt you." Lan Zhan repeats, begging Wei Ying to see his flaws, but the latter shakes his head, "I hurt you worse. I was scared that you will kill me. Have you forgotten? I used my spiritual energy to push you away."

"I... It didn't hurt." Lan Zhan lies.

"You are a horrible liar, Lan Zhan. I could see you wince when we were riding our horses. Why did you not heal yourself?"

"I deserved it. I did not want you to be the only one hurting." Lan Zhan finally comes clean.

Wei Ying loses control of his feelings. Tears fall on his white nightwear, and he shakes his head, "Lan Zhan, why are you like this?"