Dream and Reality(2)

Hot, flustered, shocked and above all, utterly confused, is how Lan Zhan feels when instead of blaming and accusing him, Wei Ying throws his arms around him and starts kissing him feverantly.

Wei Ying's hold on him is tight and possessive. Like he is scared that if he let's go or loosens his grip on the light bearer, he will run off again.

After the initial shock wears off, Lan Zhan gives in to Wei Ying's demands. He brings up his arms and gingerly wraps them around his husband.
Wei Ying smiles into the kiss and leans back just a little bit. He stares at Lan Zhan's kiss swollen lips and smiles, "Hanguang Jun, if you are feeling so guilty of taking advantage of my hot body, which by the way, has always welcomed your attention, then instead of freaking out, just come clean."

"Mn?"

"Oh, my one-syllable speaking husband, do you realize that you left me twice without answering?"

"Mn?" Lan Zhan's eyes widen.

"Lan Zhan, 'Mn' isn't going to cut it this time. Use your words." Wei Ying's eyes fall on his husband's lips again, "You have hidden too many things in your heart, Hanguang Jun. Please open your heart to me. I know that something is bothering you. What is stopping you? I can feel you closing.... Ah!" Wei Ying winces before finishing and looks at the gapping wound in his abdomen.

"Wei Ying!" Lan Zhan exclaims as Wei Ying collapses in his arms. "Wei Ying, wake up!" the light bearer begs.

Wei Ying opens his eyes slowly, "Lan Zhan, this is a dream. It's not real." He whispers between laboured breaths, "You need tell me what happened at the temple."

As soon as Lan Zhan hears the word Temple, things that had transpired in that forsaken place come back to him. "No!" He whispers and cups Wei Ying's face, "Wei Ying, I am sorry. I wasn't able to protect you."

Wei Ying shakes his head, "Lan Zhan, why are you here? How are you here?"

"What do you mean?" Lan Zhan questions but before Wei Ying can answer him, darkness surrounds them yet again.

*****

Elder Bao shakes his head and leaves an exasperated breath, "This should have worked." He states, looking at Jiang Cheng and Lan XiChen.

"Why are we not able to contact them?" Jiang Cheng wonders aloud. "I think I saw Lan Wangji once, but before I could catch up, he disappeared."

"I wasn't even able to feel them." XiChen admits, dissapontedly. "Maybe they blame me... "

"Zewu Jun, please don't think that way. I... we need you to be strong right now." Jiang Cheng urges and looks at the physician, "Elder, why do you think we have not been able to establish a link to them yet?"

"It's hard to guess. Mind works in mysterious ways. And this situation, this bond that they share, it's a new territory for me." The physician pauses and looks at the two unconscious cultivators, "Clan leader Cheng, you mentioned earlier that your sister and the Yiling patriarch were very close, right?"

"Yes, they were, Elder."

"Try to think of a time when you three were together, let your core search for it's, original owner." The old my suggests and Jiang Cheng closes his eyes once again.

The physician turns his gaze towards Zewu Jun, "XiChen, I didn't want to say this in front of Clan leader Jiang, but I think the reason you are unable to establish a link to Wangji is because you are scared to face him; after of what he might say to you if you saw him." The old man holds XiChen's hand, "You need to clear your mind of unnecessary thoughts. Hanguang Jun is a reasonable man and even blind can see how much you mean to him. I am sure he will understand your heart and your actions. And he most definitely will forgive you."