Introduction and Author's Note

All characters and events depicted in this book are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

This is a work of fan fiction, inspired by and based on the characters created by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu in her web novel Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation which was adapted into a live action show by Tencent Titled, 'The Untamed'

All rights reserved. No part of this eBook may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without permission in writing from the author.

© by GandalfofspaceAnli
2019

✔️The story has mature themes and content

✔️It may be dark in some parts.

️It depicts Boy x Boy relationship, so if you don't like, don't read.

️Those who have read my other works, know that I am a mediocre writer and English is not my first language so mistakes are bound to happen.

About this Story

After Jin Ling stabs Wei Ying in Ling Lanling, Lan Wangji has to decide what to do next. He needs to attend to Wei Ying's wounds at the earliest. With love for his best friend buried in his heart, how will Lan Zhan keep his soulmate safe? Will he ever find out what Wei Ying feels for him? And what threats lurk hidden behind the scenes. Can love win?

The story follows the show till this point and diverges from there.

This story has a Special Arc which throws light on Wei Ying's days as a disciple of Lan Sect in his younger days along with Jiang Cheng and Nie Huaisang. It is told mostly from Lan Zhan's POV. It is set around thirteen years prior to the current events. At that time, Wei Ying is seventeen and Lan Zhan is eighteen.

Characters
(A reference for those who have not read the novel or seen the show)

Lan Zhan

A highly respected and talented disciple of Lan sect. He is the younger brother of Sect Leader Lan XiChen. He has been in love with Wei Ying since the time they were in their teen (approximately 13 years). He also goes by various other names: Lan Wangji, Hanguang Jun, the light bearer.
Spiritual Weapon : Bichen (sword)
Wangji (twelve stringed Zither)

Wei Ying

A talented but free spirited man who turns to demonic cultivation to avenge the deaths of his adoptive family. He is a member of Jiang Sect before he is asked to leave it. Wrongfully accused of the deaths of hundreds of innocent people, Wei Ying ultimately commits suicide. He is given a second chance at life when, Mo Xuanyu, an illegitimate son of Lanling Jin Sect leader, offers his soul to bring him back to extract revenge on his behalf.
After getting resurrected, Wei Ying happens to bump into Lan Zhan, his rule abiding friend from the past. Though enamoured by the latter's righteousness and unparalleled beauty and grace, Wei Ying remains oblivious of Lan Zhan's feelings towards him and his unknown feelings towards the latter.
He also goes by various other names : Wei WuXian, The Yiling Patriarch

Spiritual Weapon : Suibian (sword)
Chenqing (flute)

Lan XiChen

The leader of Gusu Lan Sect. Older brother of Lan Zhan. An upstanding and kind man. *a cinnamon roll* He has an inkling of his brother's feelings for the untamed Wei Ying.
Along with his brother, he is reffed to as the twin Jade of Lan. He is the most good-looking cultivator of the mortal realm. He also goes by various other names : Older Jade, Zewu Jun, Lan Huan

Spiritual Weapon : Shuoyue (sword) Liebing (flute)

Jiang Cheng

Yunmeng Jiang Sect leader and Wei Ying's (adoptive) junior brother. He is hot tempered and gets irritated at the drop of a hat. He bears grudge against Wei Ying earlier (he blames Wei Ying for the death of his family members) and looks down upon Lan Zhan and Wei Ying's (immoral) relationship.

Spiritual Weapon : Sandu (sword) Zidian (whip)

Meng Yao

He is the illegitimate son of Jin Guangshan (the deceased Lanling Jin Sect.) with a whore. He is cunning and manipulative. After being thrown out of the Nie Sect. After the SunShot campaign he is accepted by Jin Guangshan. After the deaths of his brother and father, Meng Yao takes over the position of Lanling Sect Leader. He harbours a soft spot for Lan XiChen, who he feels has never looked down upon him. He frames Wei Ying for the deaths of innocent people thus soiling his reputation. He also poisons Nie Mingju and hides his dismembered head with leads to some horrifying consequences. He also goes by various other names : Jin Gayo, Jin Guangyao.

Jin Ling

He is Jiang Yanli and Jin Zixuan ( Jin Guangshan's legitimate son) only son. Jiang Cheng's, Wei Ying's and Meng Yao's nephew. He has the most number of uncles in the entire cultivation realm. He is spoilt and a drama queen (with good reason) but his heart is in the right place. He too blames Wei Ying for his parents death initially.

Lan SiZhui

He is Lan Zhan's chief disciple. Initially belonging to Wen Sect he was adopted by Lan Zhan after he had found him suffering from high fever in the Burial Mounds (Wei Ying's hideout) after Wei Ying's death. He is humble, good natured, caring and loyal to the core. *a pure munchkin*
He has no recollection of his childhood. A time he spent tagging along and being pampered by Wei Ying before the battle in Ever Night city. He also goes by various other names : A Yuan, Lan Yuan, Wen Yuan.

Wen Ning

He is Wen Qing's (Wen Sect's chief physcian) brother. Effected by resentful energy when he was merely a child, he is later manipulated by Xue  Yang and Meng Yao and turned into an undead creature, but is rescued by Wei Ying to whom he swears his loyalty. He is also popular as the Ghost general. Both Jiang Cheng and Jin Ling blame him for death of Jin Ling's father who he had killed while being controlled by Meng Yao and Su She.

Su She

Meng Yao's right hand man. Previously a Lan clan disciple, he leaves Lan Clan and forms his own Sect. He is envious of Lan Zhan and his talents and is always trying to copy the esteemed light bearer.