"I Was Made for Loving You"

A/N: Hello lovelies, this new one comes from a request from Depressed_Bitch552 who asked for a story based on the scene depicted in the photo above.☝️(This was one of my favorite moments from the finale!) I also used some inspiration from what the show's writers said they were planning for season 6! As always, I hope you guys like it! 💜
Song: "I Was Made for Loving You" by Tori Kelly (ft. Ed Sheeran)
Rating: Everyone

***Y/N's POV***

"A dangerous plan, just this time. A stranger's hand clutched in mine. I'll take this chance, so call me blind. I've been waiting all my life. Please don't scar this young heart. Just take my hand."

I flip on the TV in front of me, only to flip it back off a few moments later. The silence of the house engulfs my mind with an incessant anxious feeling. I hate doing nothing - I hate it with an absolute passion.

Ughh, who knew how excruciating being stuck at home on the couch for weeks would be?

Why am I here on the couch?

Well, about a week ago, I broke my ankle during a mission that quickly went south. So, of course, now I'm off duty until it heals. What's worse? Out of the blue, my old roommate announced that she was moving out. I couldn't afford to stay in my apartment alone. So, I had to sublease it to someone else.

Nonetheless, Mac was kind to let me stay with him for a while until I figure things out. Gosh, in the blink of an eye, life seemed to come crashing down all at once - from my injury, to my apartment, and beyond. But, Mac has his own problems.

So much has been happening lately that I don't even know how to think straight at this point.

***Mac's POV***

"Hold me close through the night. Don't let me go, we'll be all right. Touch my soul and hold it tight. I've been waiting all my life. I won't scar your young heart. Just take my hand."

Finally home for the evening after two back-to-back missions, I walk through the door with a sigh, only to be met with Y/N's light smile from the couch. It instantly brightens my aching heart.

"Hey, Mac."

"Hey."

"How was the op?"

"Tense," is all I can say. But, I know she knew that would be my answer. After everything that's happened in the past several weeks, who could assume any less?

I plop down onto the couch next to her, and she turns to me with an empathetic half-smile.

"Because of Desi?... That was a stupid question. Of course that's the reason."

That's exactly right. My world was hit with quite the emotional earthquake when, a few weeks ago, the team was tasked with a mission that uncovered the truth behind Desi's "ex" fiancé's disappearance. Turns out he wasn't killed while on duty like she thought. He had been held as a prisoner of war since his disappearance. But, after that mission, he's back... and very much alive. That discovery lead to an entire down spiral of Desi's and my relationship.

"I can't hold any of it against her," I admit for the first time. "She chose Evan over me, and it makes sense. He was her fiancé, and she thought he was dead. But, after all of it, part of me feels like the past few years of our relationship meant nothing."