"Magic"

A/N: Okay, I have to explain this one a little bit. unofficialargent kindly requested that I write a crossover between "MacGyver" and a show called  "The Magicians." I have never seen the show before, but I did some research. However, I can't promise that it's extremely accurate or makes a lot of sense to anyone who watches the show (😬). With that being said, I was probably the most challenged by this request than I've ever been, but thanks for that challenge, and I hope it makes some sense (Haha). If nothing else, I hope it's entertaining! The song is "Magic" by Selena Gomez (I know, I just had to ;))
Rating: Everyone

***

"I don't like this. I have a really bad feeling," Bozer warns Mac and Riley.

"Calm down," Riley tells him. "You need to learn how to chill."

"You know what Jack would say if he were here, don't you? This is how horror movies start!" he retorts, offended.

The three of them found themselves traveling to New York on a cool and rainy evening for their latest secret op. What's even worse than the weather here, though, is the fact that they're currently trekking through a graveyard right before dusk. It doesn't take a genius to know that can't end well.

At the snap of a branch, Bozer flinches, whipping his head around faster than anyone thought humanely possible. "Okay, can someone tell me why I feel like I'm being watched? Does anyone feel eyes on them?.... And what was that noise?.... I swear something just moved over there!.... Ah man. This is how we die. I can feel it."

"Bozer. Shhh." Mac places a finger over his lip, motioning for everyone to be quiet as they all come upon a mausoleum that appears to have been broken into.

The context of this mission is a bit complex. A few days ago, Mac and the team were sent to NY to investigate some kidnappings in the area.

But, these aren't just any kidnappings. There's something strange about them. The problem is that no one really knows why they're strange. Just call it a feeling.

In fact, neither the NYPD, nor the FBI, or anyone else for that matter has been able to crack this case. But, the situation escalated a few days ago when the latest abduction involved a New York senator. Something had to be done. Of the people who are connected to this case, two have been found dead in this cemetery, and it's only a matter of time before the senator ends up here too.

So, that's why the team is here. Whoever's behind these kidnappings is too good at it. They leave no tracks, nothing. It's almost as if they come out of hiding for each abduction and then fall off the face of the Earth until the next one.

Right now, little do Mac and the team know, they're not the only ones in this cemetery.

You're here too, and you're investigating the same exact case.

And, oh yeah, what Mac also doesn't know is that the team isn't just tracking down a human kidnapper. No, there's a reason this operation feels different.

They're hunting down a magical creature.

And they're about to realize they are in way over their own heads.

"Never been awake, never seen a day break leaning on my pillow in the morning light, lazy day in bed, music in my head, crazy music playing in the morning light."

As you notice three figures approaching the mausoleum, you slip inside, trying to find a hiding place. Hunkered down behind an ancient sarcophagus, you hold your breath hoping that you won't be noticed.

When the three enter, you immediately notice that the blonde looks familiar. You know him. But, it isn't until he turns and you see his face that you realize exactly how you know him. As he searches the area, you slowly maneuver around, crawling across the ground to stay hidden. But, the object you've been carrying in your hand clatters to the ground, and everyone in the room pivots in your direction.