"She'll Never Love You"

A/N: Hello lovely people! Huge thanks to moonlightholland22 for sending me this request. If you know me, you know that I completely ship MacRiley, so I was conflicted about where to take this story. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy the path I chose. Let me know what y'all think! 💗😊 🌸
Song: "She'll Never Love You" by Catherine McGrath
Rating: Everyone

***

"This code is going to take too long to crack, even by me," Riley confesses to the team while trying to infiltrate one of the most complex firewalls she's ever seen.

"We don't have that kind of time," Matty insists. "This is a time-sensitive operation!"

Perplexed and a bit unsure, Riley hesitates before admitting, "There's someone I know who could help."

"Who?"

"My sister."

Each member of the team glances at one another before Mac finally bravely interjects, "Wait, since when do you have a sister?"

...

When you got an urgent work-related phone call from Riley, you were nothing short of shocked. She's never told you much about her job, and you knew it was sensitive information, so you never asked too much. The fact that she called you asking for help with hacking a major server lead you to the conclusion that this must be serious. But, she's your sister, and you'd do anything for her.

You and Riley may only be half-sisters, but you do happen to share a talent of hacking. It definitely got you both into trouble in your younger years, but now it sure does come in handy. Except, unlike Riley, you gave up your hacking years ago. You thought that was in the past. But, now isn't the time to test your morals. If your sister needs your help, you're going to give it. It's what you do.

When you arrive at the Phoenix Foundation, you're escorted up an elevator to meet Matilda Webber. She informs you of the issue at hand and how much you're needed.

"We wouldn't have contacted you if it weren't emergent. Riley tells me you're the only one who has the same knowledge and skill set as her self. This mission is urgent, and we need both of your eyes and hands on the task."

Once she's finished briefing you, she then takes you to the War Room, where you're greeted by Riley and her friends.

You've heard so many stories about her coworkers, but you've never met them.

As soon as Riley sees you, she runs over to you. "Y/N!"

"Riley, when were you going to tell me what was really going on here?"

"I'm sorry. I know you have questions, but we need your help."

"I know. Ms.Webber explained it to me. But, you know my hacking days are over."

"Y/N," the tall, blonde man in the corner interjects. "I'm MacGyver." He holds out a hand to shake yours. "If what Riley tells us is true, you're the only one who can help us. Please."

His eyes dazzle as he waits for an answer, his hand lingering on yours. Something about him sends a thrill inside your body. It draws you in. It's like an instant connection.

You look to everyone in the room, glancing between them all. "Okay, fine. Let's do it."

***

Hours later, the team celebrates after you and Riley managed to deter one of the biggest global cyber terrorist threats anyone in the room had ever seen. You're not going to lie, it felt good to use your old talents again - especially for the good of the world.