"Waking Up in Vegas"

A/N: HELLO!!! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day/night (whatever time it is wherever you are!) This was a fun one to write! Huge thanks to MidnightCheyenne for requesting this! She requested that I do this story with the original cast, and I happily obliged! (I forgot how much I miss Jack!😰!) Nonetheless, I hope this helps fill that void, and I hope you enjoy it! ♦️ ♠️ ♥️
Song: "Waking Up in Vegas" by Katy Perry
Rating: Everyone

***

"Absolutely not. We are not listening to Willy Nelson the entire ride," you dictate disapprovingly in Jack's direction. You're in the back seat of Jack's car with Riley and Bozer. Mac is situated in the passenger's seat while Jack attempts to drive and simultaneously flip through his stack of CDs.

"My car, my rules," he tells you in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Come on, Jack," Bozer tries to reason with him. "Y/N gets a lot of credit for ending this huge case, so it's only fair she gets to choose the music."

You raise your eyebrows at Jack in the rear view mirror. "Well, it was a team effort, but I won't complain," you admit.

"Okay fine," he submits. "But, I'll never understand you millennials and your taste in music. It's disgraceful."

You just smile, doing a little dance in your seat while you pick out some tunes to play on your car ride to Vegas.

Yep, that's right! The five of you are on your way to Viva Las Vegas. And what's even better than that? It's not even for an op. You get to spend three whole days of vacation time celebrating your latest victory and not having to think about saving the world.

So, you scroll through your phone and land on your favorite pump up song. As it rumbles through the speakers, Jack shakes his head. But, Riley, Mac, and Bozer start to groove in their seats just to spite him.

"Vegas baby!" You burst out excitingly.

"Now that's what I'm talking about. Time to celebrate," Bozer says.

"Come on," Riley tells a sulking Jack. "Lighten up. It's not often Matty gives us all time off. Enjoy it."

"Oh I intend to. I have all of the casino buffets mapped out perfectly. We have just enough time to hit all the best ones."

You chuckle under your breath as Jack continues to list his carefully planned-out itinerary.

You're distracted, though, as Mac begins to fool with the door to the glove compartment. It won't seem to shut all the way, and it keeps smacking him in the knees. "Dude what is wrong with this?" he finally asks Jack.

"It's broken."

"Clearly."

"You just have to fix it don't you?" He looks at Mac. "It's like a little siren's going off in your brain just looking at it. I can tell."

"I just need something to fill this gap," he says while thoroughly examining the simple piece of machinery.

You reach into your jeans pocket and pull out a few paperclips. You hold them out to Mac.

He looks back at you in surprise.

"What? I've made a habit of carrying around a few paperclips when I'm with you."

He smiles, and you grin back at him.

"Oh God. You're rubbing off on her, man," Jack worries.

"All right, everyone. It is time for our first toast," you announce.