"Love's Lookin' Good on You"

A/N: Greetings to all you lovely people! 😊 Thank you to diana_S_A_m for sending me this request! It's kinda cute and fluffy, and I hope you enjoy it! ✨💜  Love you guys!
(The song is by Lady Antebellum.)
Rating: Everyone

***

"Oh baby, baby something's just a little bit different in your eyes tonight. They look twice as bright. Oh baby, baby something's changed that I can't quite put my finger on."

It's been an entire month of hard-core wedding planning. When your best friend asked you to be her maid of honor, let's be honest, you weren't surprised. You're incredibly detail-oriented, dedicated, and you have a soft-spot for a good love story. But, you never truly realized how much work goes into being a maid of honor.

Actually, it's starting to feel like you're more of a wedding planner than a maid of honor, and it's stressful, sure. But, it's also a lot of fun.

So, right now, you're working on the seating chart for the reception. You're seated criss-cross on the living room floor, items splayed out everywhere while you try to figure out where to put every first-cousin, second-cousin, overbearing aunt, and chatty work friend.

As the hours fly by, your boyfriend Mac finally walks through the door, and you barely look up, fixated on the task at hand.

"Hey babe," you greet him quickly.

"Hey. What's all this?"

"Seating charts. I think I'm starting to see double." You finally look up, rubbing your temples and trying to focus your eyes.

"Maybe you should take a break," Mac suggests sympathetically.

"Probably."

He pulls two beers out of the fridge, handing you one before you plop down onto the couch, exhausted.

You start to fill him in on all the latest wedding details. "Ooo! Did I tell you about the flowers she picked out the other day? She chose the most beautiful peonies and lilies, complimented by just the right amount of greenery. I think the colors are going to add just the right amount of pop to the ceremony... Oh, and I had this idea to cover the altar with the same flowers just to round everything out! It's going to be so beautiful... And the music, ahh, I helped her pick out a harpist to play the wedding march, and oh my gosh, it sounds absolutely breathtaking! I can just picture it," you sigh to catch your breath, half-way through your long-winded praise.

Mac watches you as you talk about the wedding. He's noticed a change in you ever since you started helping with this wedding. There's an extra sparkle in your eyes, and you smile so wide every time you talk about it. He can't help but think that it's put some ideas into your head.

And why shouldn't it? You two have been together for almost two years now. Not to mention, you're the last of your friends to get married. Logically, the next step would be...

And Mac knows that, but there's still something holding him back. There's this nagging feeling.

"... The next big thing is to finally pick out the perfect dress," you continue. "She's narrowed it down to her top three, and we're going to the boutique tomorrow so she can try them on and finally pick the one. I just know it's going to be gorgeous!"

When you stop, you notice a distant look in Mac's gaze. "Are you okay?" you ask him.

"Me? Of course."

But, you know better than to believe that.

***

"I've been racking my brain, wait just a minute. Hold on now, well, I get it. Love, love, love is looking good, good, good on you. Can you feel it? Oh, everybody sees it."