"All These Years"

A/N: Welcome back! I hope you enjoy this one! It's inspired by "All These Years" by Camila Cabello, which you can listen to below. As always, happy reading! :)

Rating: Everyone

You step through the automatic doors and into the warm California sunshine. You take a deep breath, absorbing your new surroundings and exhaling all the apprehensions you've been feeling for the past several months. Well, maybe not all of your apprehensions. To be honest, this is a huge move for you, and you'd be lying if you said you aren't completely freaked out about it.

It was a few short months ago when your boss told you that you would be transferring from Boston to Los Angeles. Of course, you couldn't say no because you couldn't risk losing your job - being a biologist has its rewards. After all, you could use a change of scenery and a fresh new start.

However, standing here outside of LAX, you can't help but feel like it's freshman year of college all over again - alone, uncertain, and completely overwhelmed.

Minutes later, you make your way through the streets of LA with the few items of luggage that you brought with you on the plane. All of your other belongings had been sent ahead and would be awaiting your arrival at your brand new apartment. Among your luggage, you have a small bag - the one with that handmade keychain hanging from it.

In an attempt to calm your frantic mind you decide that, before doing anything else, you would search for a café for a cup of tea. As you reach the café of your choosing, you approach the barista and give her your order. Waiting for your name to be called, your phone begins to vibrate in your bag. You quickly shuffle through it in an attempt to reach it in time. You had been expecting a work call, so you quickly answer. As you do so, the barista calls your name, so you approach the counter to take your tea and give the girl an appreciative nod.

Turning to leave - phone in one hand, tea in the other, and bags hanging around each arm - you finish your call and attempt to smoothly drop your phone back into the bag hanging around your wrist. Not paying any attention to what's in front of you, you — not so gracefully — smack right into a tall figure approaching, sending your phone, tea, and bags tumbling to the ground.

"Your hair's grown a little longer. Your arms look a little stronger. Your eyes just as I remember. Your smile's just a little softer."

For a moment you're not sure what to do. Your luck sure doesn't seem to be starting out on a good note. You mutter quickly, "I'm so sorry! I'm such a clutz and definitely should have been watching where I was going." As you reach to pick up your belongings, you don't even bother to look at the person kneeling beside you to help pick them up.

When you finally do look up, you notice a set of piercing blue eyes staring back at you - but not just any blue eyes. These are familiar ones. You start to think your mind is playing tricks on you, but you nonetheless manage to mutter, "Mac?"

"Y/N?!," the handsome man responds. "I thought that was you."

You're taken aback for a moment whilst staring at the man in front of you. Angus MacGyver. You haven't seen him in years.

***Flashback***

"No, Mac. I'm pretty sure that's not right," you giggle. You grab the test tube he is holding and playfully shove him in the side.