"I Do"

A/N: I'm back with part two of my "mini series!" I thought it was very fitting to pair it with the song "I Do" by Morgan Evans. 💛💍
Rating: Everyone

***

Part two: The Wedding 💒

You inhale a deep breath, staring in the long, full-length mirror. Your hair is pulled up neatly, allowing only a few stray strands to hang effortlessly around your face. You smooth the sides of your lacey dress — not too over the top, simple but elegant— as Riley stands behind you buttoning the last few buttons.

"There you go," she beams.

You smile thinking about the fact that in less than an hour, you'll be married. Wow.

It's crazy to actually think about it. After today, you'll no longer be Y/N and Mac. You'll be Mr. and Mrs. MacGyver. A warm feeling fills your stomach as that thought fills your mind.

You turn to face Riley and she just smiles. "You look amazing. I can't believe my best friend is getting married!" She pulls you in for a tight hug until you hear a knock on the door.

As Riley opens the door, you're greeted by your boss Matty and, of course, Bozer. Matty smiles when she sees you— a somewhat rare but genuine sight.

"Y/N, you look beautiful. Mac is certainly a lucky guy."

"Thank you, Matty."

You look at Bozer, dressed to the nines. But, you notice his expression seems a little distant. Usually he'd be bubbling with excitement, but his mind seems somewhere else.

"Boz? Everything okay?"

"Oh, uh, yeah. Everything's great!"

The funny thing about Bozer is that he doesn't lie well, and he knows it. But, he tries his best anyway.

"You do know I can tell when you're lying, right? Is it Mac? Is he okay? What happened?" Your tone hightens as every possible worst-case scenario races through your mind.

"He's fine. It's just he-" Bozer trails off.

"Uh, Boz," Riley jumps in. "Maybe we should talk outside." She gives him her familiar side-eye.

"No!" you demand. "Bozer. Tell me what's wrong. Mac is here, right? Tell me he's here."

"Weeelll, not exactly. But, he will be-"

"What do you mean he isn't here?!" Riley exclaims. "Bozer, you had one job — to make sure Mac was here and ready on time. That is what a best man is supposed to do."

"Riley. It's okay." You turn to Bozer with seriousness, yet trying to stay calm. "Bozer, where is Mac?"

***

"You don't know how many times a minute you cross my mind. And I don't know what I did so right. No I don't ever fall like this. I never found myself wanting to jump in so quick. But, there's something different 'bout you 'cause I do."

Moles away, Mac sits on the grass just staring and thinking. A cool breeze blows through the air, rustling his golden waves. He's been doing a lot of thinking lately - thinking about how much his life has changed and everything he's been through to get to where he is today.

There's been a lot of pain in his life, but there has also been a lot of joy. A good portion of that joy comes from Y/N. The past few years have been the best of his life by far. This day—their wedding day— is supposed to be one of the happiest of their lives, and he's sure it will be. He gets to start the rest of his life with this amazing woman, and he gets to celebrate with the most incredible friends and family in the world.