"Alien"

A/N: Hello, all! I got a lovely request from RitchelleC for me to use the song "Alien" by Sabrina Carpenter and Jonas Blue. So, here it is! I hope you all enjoy it! 😁
Rating: Everyone

***

"This feeling's so alien. I need to know if you're just a friend. Are you a secret I'm holding in? So leave it on my brain if you feel the same."

"Undercover?" You ask your boss, Matty. "You want Mac and me to go undercover... as a married couple?"

"Did I stutter? Yes. It's the only way we can pull off this mission. We need to get eyes in that neighborhood without acting suspicious."

You have been working at the Phoenix Foundation for a few months now. You've completed several successful missions with your team, but this one is different. You've never done an undercover op like this one, especially not with someone like Angus MacGyver. Full disclosure, this man can set a room on fire. You don't know exactly what it is, but ever since you started working together, you feel this kind of spark when you look at him. It's different than any feeling you've had before. Of course, you've never acted on those feelings because, well, you work together, and what are the chances he feels the same way?

"Okay," you hear Mac say. "Looks like we're doin' this. Let's go." He looks at you, expectantly, smiling.

***

You reach the house that will be yours for the next week or so, depending on how long it takes to dig up the dirt on your suspect. The neighborhood is the spitting-image of a stereotypical suburb, equipped with freshly-trimmed lawns, big houses, and two-car garages.

You climb out of your (well, the Phoenix's) Mazda 6 after a silent ride with Mac. "Okay, here we go." You twirl the two rings that are so oddly placed on your left hand. It feels weird. It feels different.

"You ready, Mrs. MacGyver?" Your heartbeat quickens at the mention of those words. Mrs. MacGyver?! Oh my.

"Ready. You?" you ask, trying to hide the slight nervousness in your voice.

"Let's do it."

***

After you're settled, you set up your surveillance of the area. "Okay, so now that everything is set up here, Riley said we just have to plant this device in the target's house somewhere."

Taking the small device in his hands, Mac nods. "Alright, then let's go introduce ourselves to our new neighbors."

Approaching your suspect's front door, Mac reaches to ring the doorbell. While anxiously waiting for a response, you suddenly feel uncomfortable. You lean over to whisper in Mac's ear, "Maybe we should hold hands?"

Contemplating, he decides to accept and firmly grasps your hand, intertwining your fingers together almost like two puzzle pieces finally finding a match. A jolt of electricity runs through your body at the feeling... At first you're uncertain. But, honestly it feels right. Why does it feel so right?

"Light, but I notice it. The paranoia is sinking in. So leave it on my brain if you feel the same."

As an involuntary flush creeps upon your cheeks, you inquire, "Are we trying too hard?"