"Dancing With a Stranger"

A/N: HELLOOOO ALL! I hope everyone is well! I've been wanting to write this one for a while, so let me know what you think! XO 🖤Song: "Dancing With a Stranger" by Sam Smith and Normani
Rating: Suggests mature content

***

You wake up in the middle of the night, head pounding. But, when your vision clears and you look around, your surroundings are completely unfamiliar.

That's when you look to your left and, through the veil of darkness engulfing the room, you realize that you're in a stranger's bed.

A horrible, gut-wrenching feeling gnaws at your stomach.

What did I just do?

***Earlier that day***

The team files out of the War Room, glancing awkwardly at one another. Desi looks back at Mac as she leaves, but you don't dare even look her way. You stand still across from Mac, staring him down, unsure if you're more upset or angry. You just can't quite decide.

When the door closes, you ask him, trying to keep your voice from breaking, "Do you still have feelings for her?"

"Y/N, please just..."

"No! Answer my question. You were the one who kissed her. She didn't kiss you. You kissed her. So, do you still have feelings for her?"

He looks away, unable to meet your eyes. "I- I don't know," he answers honestly.

You blink, trying to hold back the tears, but one slips away, running down your cheek toward your neck. You quickly wipe it away. "I can't believe this. You swore that you were done."

You knew Mac and Desi were together long before you met him. Sure, you all work together, and that may seem weird to most people. But, he swore that they were over a long time ago and that now they're just friends.

"I know, and I'm sorry. But, I guess today just dug up a lot of our past and those old feelings."

You nod, chewing nervously on your bottom lip. You don't know what to say to him. You never imagined it would come to this. "Well," you finally say. "I suggest you figure it out. I can't play these games anymore. I won't be a part of this."

A few more tears threaten to fall as you think that this man, who you have loved so much that it nearly hurts, could actually be in love with someone else.

But, not knowing what else you could possibly say, you turn for the door, giving him one more look. You can see the regret and confusion in his face, but none of that compares to what you're feeling. So, you storm out, slamming the door shut behind you.

***

Completely overwhelmed by your own emotions, you go to the only place you could think of to stop the pain. You go to the nearest bar to drown your sorrows in a bottle of tequila.

It's loud and crowded, but you don't even care. Once you're about three shots in, you're slumped at the bar, knowing that it'll probably only take one or two more before the tears start falling hysterically.

"I don't wanna be alone tonight. It's pretty clear that I'm not over you. I'm still thinking 'bout the things you do. So, I don't wanna be alone tonight, alone tonight, alone tonight."

But, that's when a tall man with dark hair and a neatly trimmed beard walks up to the bar stool next to you.

You don't even notice him until he speaks. "You look like you could use some company."