"Count On Me"

A/N: Hey guys! I have finally finished the sequel to my story titled "Piece By Piece!" RitchelleC  this one is for you! Also, thanks to unofficialargent for helping with the idea. For anyone who hasn't read the first part, I suggest you do so before reading this one. P.s. the song is "Count On Me" by Bruno Mars. 💚💚💚
Rating: Everyone

***

"If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea, I'll sail the world to find you. If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see, I'll be the light to guide you."

The next morning, you wake up with a hopeful heart. With optimism, you walk out into the living area of Mac's house to find Bozer in the kitchen.

"Morning, Y/N," he greets you warmly. "Sleep well?"

"Morning," you reply. "I did, actually. Where's Mac?"

"He's outside. You want some breakfast?" he asks while expertly maneuvering around the stove.

"Sure. That'd be great. Thanks."

"No problem. One of Bozer's breakfast specials comin' right up," he says excitedly.

"So, you cook a lot?" you ask him.

"Yeah. I used to work at this burger place downtown. Plus, Mac has no earthly idea how to use a stove."

"Boz, are you talking about me?" You hear Mac ask, walking into the kitchen.

"Only truth, man."

Mac turns his attention to you. "Hey, how'd you sleep?"

"Really well, thanks. Thank you again for letting me sleep in your room."

"Of course."

Soon, Bozer is placing a plate in front of you. "Bon appetit!"

He watches with bated breath as you take a bite, savoring the taste of an actual home-cooked breakfast. You can't remember the last time you had one of those.

"Wow! This is really good!" you exclaim wholeheartedly.

"If you think that's good, wait until the holidays when you can try my famous Christmas pastrami."

"Christmas pastrami? Is that even a thing?"

"Around here it is. It's kind of a tradition for us," Mac chimes in, sitting next to you.

The thought of tradition creates a melancholy feeling in your stomach.

"What is it?" he wonders.

"It's just, I've never really had any long-lasting family traditions because I was never in one place for too long as a kid. I didn't really realize exactly how much I've missed out on."

"Well, it's never too late to start."

"Yeah, but..." your forehead wrinkles.

"But?"

"Well, since our mission is done, I guess I have to head back."

"Oh, right." Mac's expression faulters. "Well, you're not far away, right? We can still see each other."

"CIA headquarters is in Virginia. That's not exactly next door."

"Yeah, but it's just a plane ride away," Mac assures you.

"I know, but I hate leaving right after we just met. There's so much to talk about. I've waited so long to have family, and I've had this picture in my mind of what it could be like if I actually had any. I wish I didn't have to go so soon."