"Everything"

A/N: Hey everybody! 💛 I'm so happy to bring you this story! This one has been in the works for quite some time, and, as always, I hope you like it! Also, it's feels so bittersweet to announce, but this will be my final story in this book, and my last MacGyver imagine (at least for now 🙂). The past several years since I started writing this collection have been so beautiful. I've grown so much as a writer, and I'm so honored by the overwhelming love I've received from you guys! Thank you for standing by me, sending requests, and showering me with kind comments as we journeyed together into the world of MacGyver! This book will always mean the world to me, and I will forever be proud of what I've had the opportunity to create! I love you guys!!! 💜💜💜
Song: "Everything" by Michael Buble
Rating: Everyone

***

It's 3AM as I lay on the couch of my new
Los Angeles apartment, hearing the wild sounds outside of what should be called "the city that never sleeps" because it's keeping me awake easier than living in Manhattan ever did. All I can think about since seeing him again yesterday, is a conversation I had with my Nana when I was only fifteen years old, before he even became a part of my life.

She had sat me down on the couch as we watched another one of her usual daytime dramas, as I wondered out loud, "Why is love always so dramatic in these TV shows? It should be simple, right? I mean, you're supposed to meet someone, fall in love, and live happily ever after, right?"

I remember exactly how my Nana had reacted. She had just smiled and chuckled before sighing and patting the middle of the couch between us, beckoning me to scoot closer. As I did, she gave me a half-hearted smile. "I think it's about time someone told you the truth about love, my darling."

She continued to describe to me the theory that had been passed down to her from her parents, and from their parents, which she suggested was tried and true. She told me that every person has three loves in their life...

First love.

"You're a falling star, you're the get away car. You're the line in the sand when I go too far. You're the swimming pool on an August day, and you're the perfect thing to say. And you play it coy, but it's kinda cute, oh, when you smile at me you know exactly what you do. Baby don't pretend, that you don't know it's true 'cause you can see it when I look at you."

"The first love is the one that feels right at first, but it never lasts. Eventually, both people grow apart simply because the love isn't strong enough to withstand. This love is usually more surface level, with more importance placed on how the relationship might look to others. It's typically a high school or college romance, quick and fleeting. While it feels like true love at the time, it's not usually the deep, raw love that you'll experience later on."

My mind flashes back the day Mac and I first laid eyes on each other my first day at Mission City High. I was an Army brat, so my family always moved around a lot when I was a kid. I was no stranger to being the new kid in an unfamiliar school. But, that doesn't mean it ever made the first day easier or less anxiety-provoking. But, from the time I dropped my textbooks in the hallway and looked up to see seventeen-year-old Angus MacGyver's baby blues staring back at me as he knelt down to help me pick them up, I knew we would be friends. What I couldn't be prepared for was the whirlwind that was to come. The next two years were a mess of firsts; first dates, first kisses, and everything beyond. But, graduation was quickly approaching, quietly looming in the shadows. We did everything to avoid it; to ignore the inevitable. But, a part of us both knew that what we had was destined to end. As much as we loved each other, it was a fleeting love. Our futures were more important. We were going to separate colleges across the country, destinies to claim. We had to figure out who we were - as individuals. So, not that it was easy, we departed amicably.